Thread: Starni's KE-seviny.

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Howdy all,

Well I received my ke70 on the 22nd of December, my birthday and present, and it has taken a turn from being complete to having nothing at all besides a diff and some wires.

It will be receiving a FULL rebuild, including new underbody spray. The build has been inspired by Teddy and Testsujin.
    The build will be a aftermarket/restoration with some custom bits if i get bothered.
    Here are pics of when it was on the Ebay listing:

Then it came home to me:

^^Yes I'm the doosh looking one in grey trackies..

A few days Later:

Took off the bumpers, Polished the wheels and removed the bump strips.

after a few months:

I have also drilled out the battery stand and am going to weld the holes in, and have drilled out the charcoal canister Bracket.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

Some happy snaps I got today, my T series diff, My suspension parts from AJPS, My JDM struts my 20v head & a pic of the head shroud and the cut loom.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Well I did some on the head yesterday afternoon. Took off the quad throttle bodies and had a look at them, and I must say they are long overdue for a clean out.

Here are the pics of the quad throttles cleaned up a bit. The cam covers and shrouds have also been cleaned with degreaser.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

YEW!

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

SPEC LIST

Chassis
    1984 ADM KE70 (Slant Front)
    190714 km's

Suspension
    FRONT: (brakes and steering aswell)
    JDM ae86 front struts with brakes
    Cusco camber tops
    Whiteline 24mm adj. swaybar
    Rose jointed Ueo style teflone lined tie rod ends
    AJPS 40mm RCA
    Quaife Quick Rack

REAR:
    TRD blue 8 way adj. short stroke shock
    AJPS 6KG rear spring
    Whiteline panhard rod
    Whiteline Adj. Trailing Arms
    Whiteline 18mm Rear Swaybar
    New Drum Cylinders and shoes
    New Axle bearings

Interior
    Black interior conversion
    Nardi race pedals
    4 point harness
    Drift button
    Black Vinyl Firewall
    Retractable rear seat belts
    Modified Instrament cluster
    Modified dash insert
    Resprayed 2 pac Grey (exterior colour also)
    Modded T18 Radio centre console
    Minty fresh interior
    Brand New Black Moulded Carpet
    AE86 Foot rest
    Custom Dash insert

Exterior
    JDM chrome number plate lights
    JDM deep chin spoiler
    Spirit Wing
    Chrome trims in g/c

Headlight Assembly #1
    Mint JDM TE71 Quad Headlights
    1x Mint "C" Grille w/ JAF badge
    1x Blank grille to suit
    JDM beaver panel to suit
    JDM TE71 chrome bumpers to suit (Brand New)
    All rust and ding free panels

Headlight Assembly #2
    T18 Levin Style headlights
    1x "C" grille w/ JAF badge to suit
    Panelvan chrome front bar to suit
    Panelvan front panels

Engine
    20v silvertop Head
    Quad Throttle bodies
    4AC steel Engine brackets
    20v Silvertop Crankshaft

Cooling
    Sam_Q RWD water plate
    4ac Rear water pump housing mated with 7a front housing

Wheels
    6x stockies
    2x 14x8 -11 Sakura Cherry Blossoms

Electrics
    Pivot Gekko Tachometer w/ external shift light
    Early model Wiring loom swap

Fuel Setup
    Alloy Surge Tank 1L
    VL Turbo Fuel Pump
    New Lift Pump

Exhaust

Driveline
    JDM Zenki T series Drum rear
    factory LSD

Engine Bay
    Welded up all unnecessary holes
    Bogged rough parts
    2pac Gloss Black paint
    Gloss Black engine crossemember
    Cleaned up Washer bottle
    Cleaned up Radiator overflow bottle
    S13 Brake master Cylinder (3 port)

Other
    Brake master/booster overhauled
    Clutch master overhauled
    AE71 pedal box
    corolla model car

and just something i thought would be nice, a section for what is coming next.. next order is from ajps.

As soon as i have money
    Runfree rack ends

AJPS order:
    8kg front springs
    TRD Blue 4 way adj. shocks
    Koni Coilover sleeves and top hats
    JDM Caliper Rebuild kit
    Race pads
    JDM vented and slotted disks
    Wheel bearings

Paint
    Engine stuff..

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

first post got too full so I'm down here with updates. i sort of went picture crazy :grinner:
    pic below is the washer bottle a radiator overflow, radiator overflow is a bit deteriorated on the top though..

^^86 engine crossmember in, swaybar mounts in, whiteline 24mm swaybar in.. all stock items resprayed gloss black.

^^How the car is now. not much left of it :lol:

^^inner guard resprayed with tar, doesnt go wrinkly it dries matte black. whole underbody will be sprayed with this.

^^Steering column in gloss black, ae71 pedal box in gloss black.

^^my rusty ass boot getting a quote on friday to get it cut out and plated over

^^engine bay fuse box resprayed

^^clutch master fluid filler was clogged with all this shit.. all cleaned now though

^^T series dusted off after a few months of sitting there. getting stripped down to get rebuilt. has an LSD
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    I fibreglassed over the original radio position, to make way for some guages. Petrol tank is now gloss black aswell, Interior is almost all black, just need to get some custom stuff to finish it, a venetian, which i might get this arvo

^^modded radio section in the dash

^^black glovebox, dusty as though..

^^Gloss black petrol tank, supports are cleaned up aswell, but not in any pics.

^^early model bonnet, spots are rust converter.. I'm glad i got the rust before it spread!

^^early model front guarter, mounted and being sanded back, found some fibreglass filling a ding, will leave it there and keep sanding it back.

^^one guard with underbody spray on the back, so it wont rust or anything.. makes it look nice aswell

Stripped down the diff the other day. Pics:

^^the diff centre, is a factory lsd i think, may have been changed in japan before it came over.

^^the housing, its a housing, nothing really spectacular about it, no real dings or anything.

^^axles and drums, all good. drums are good, just a bit of surface rust, axles arent bent or anything, splines look good on them too.

thats all for now, more info later on..

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Into Another post!!

I Got 3 boxes today!! Pivot Gekko Tachometer w/ shift light, a rear venetian and Ueo style tie rod ends. Happy times!!

Guage is a stepping gauge, full electric gauge. Ueo style tie rod ends are turnbuckle and full stainless construction. The venetians are..... Just Sick!
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    well i am bored, so here is a pic for you all!

^^Centre console now black, looks so damn nice.
    Also yesterday while it was heaps hot, I got some painting done. This colour will be on the outside of the car also. Hot colour imo.

^^Thats the back seat section and wheel arch's done. 2-pac sprayed with no mask. Whoops! lol You can see i put new electrical tape over the wire as it was looking old and starting to peel off.

^^Looking at the parcel shelf and into the car. popped the rear windscreen out before sanding etc just to make things a little easier. Looking at getting the chrome stripped seal for the rear windscreen.
    Got back from holidays yesterday afternoon, so not much has happened lately. But today i did get the dash instraments modded and in. I think i need to put a bit of bog over the resin to smoothen it out. Doesnt look that great in the pics though.

^^The modded instrament Cluster, took a while to do, I only had a small hole saw to drill the tacho hole with, then had to get a sander adapter for the drill.

^^Heater box installed, and you can see the vinyl on the firewall. Free plug for clark rubber for the vinyl, its the heavy duty stuff.

^^Twinky wheel installed, and the AE71 pedal box (if you can even see it) all looking fresh with new paint

__________________________________________________ _____________

I wasnt really happy with the way the modded dash looked, so i chucked some bog onto it and sanded it smooth as possible. Also stripped all the old paint off it and gave it a respray.

Looks pretty classy IMO.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well,
    Pics of new quads from the Phillipines, Underbody and rotisserie.

^^These are absolute minters, not one crack in the surrounds, paint is still vgc. $410 worth though

^^Front bracket of the rotisserie, bolted to where the bumpers go.

^^Underbody of the shell, which was cleaned, just a whack with degreaser then pressure cleaner and it comes up sweet as. I need to respray the underbody with some sort of tar, to freshen it up and make it look real nice.

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    Today was a pretty full on day. Started this morning at about 10 ish, and finished at about 6:00. Spray painted the ITB's in primer (had to be cleaned in acid first, then were cleaned off in turps), Sprayed the underbody in tar, mounted my spirit wing after fixing it.

^^Fresh underbody , one little surprise of rust , one little bit of sheet metal and it will be sweet as. Took me a few hours to finish the spray, the stuff i put in the gun as thick as.

^^Fixed up my Spirit wing today, after it was cracked in the mail. Needs a fair bit of sanding down though.

^^ITB plate all in primer, I originally wanted to cut it in half so i could reweld it back together upside down, so there would be nothing on top of the throttle bodies. Would have been too hard to do though.

^^All the Throttle Bodies and brackets etc all in primer, will be sprayed in black hea proof paint tomorrow hopefully.

^^JDM beaver panel to suit the Quad headlights They are NOS (New Old Stock) items, so they arent bent or anything.

^^Spirit wing mounted, Looks fair good IMO, I really want to mould it into the boot, Look hella mint. Need to sikaflex it down on the edges.
    _

Pics of today, after i painted the Quad throttle bodies in the heat proof paint.

^^Rear view, still need to clean them up though..
    __

^^Welded up holes in the engine bay to mint the bay up a heap.

^^Other side of the bay, I am going to have to Respray the engine bay gloss black again haha. Oh well it will be mint as!!

^^All the little rust holes welded up and bogged over.

^^Aerial hole welded over and bogged.

^^Spirit wing modded, so it fits nice and snug on the boot lid, with no gaps in it.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Picked up a T50 today for $50. Has a blown 3rd gear synchro but that doesnt really matter i don't think, I will just rebuild the box myself, maybe even put some TRD gears into it (need to see how much power the engine will make first) . Its an ADM box, Complete, Will buy a JDM bell housing soon for it to mate up to.

^^Just cleaned the box then, even though it needs a second clean cause its still covered in shit.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Today I swapped the head over on the 7A block, took me a good two hours or so. Also had a visit from the mobile rust guy, he is coming around next weekend and making all the replacement bits for the car ON SITE which makes it heaps easier.

^^Before i started.

^^After two hours or so, got the 20v head on, and it looks sweet as. Have to love Toyota Interchangability!!

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Pics as promised:

^^Right hand Rear quarter panel painted in primer after a sand with 120 grit, its fairly straight and rust free.

^^Half the roof primed after sanding with 120 grit, its fairly straight aswell

^^Bonnet all primed and 90% rust free. I can't really look underneath the strengthening sections underneath the bonnet, but i presume it will rust through one day. All rust holes welded up

^^My RWD water plate came in from Sam_Q yesterday aswell, which made me a bit more happy. Things are getting better...

Also, The Left hand rear quarter will be primed this weekend, my friend is coming over again to help sand. Welded up all the rust holes above the fuel cap, just need to prime it then bog it again so its smooth.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    Somone rocked up today, Can you say rust replacement panels??
    Soo happy, the shell should be pretty well rust free soon. All costed $100. Free plug for Rustrite, 0414 478 052, Neil Ruxton

^^One little replacement section welded in, While i had some time left. It is ungrinded, a bit rough.

^^All the replacement panels, all fresh and ready to weld in

^^Dash instrament cluster with the dash insert put together. Looks so fucking good, can't wait to get it all together. Still got more plans for the dash insert piece, it will be VERY unique, the first time I have seen it.

^^The T18 radio piece infront of the shifter surround, a couple of plans for this also, will be cutting it a bit maybe, will be adding fibreglass section for a shelf storage type of thing like a normal ke70 one.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Pics of today. Bogged the low spots in the rear quarters, and a tiny ding in the roof which I managed to get most out.

^^LHR Quarter panel sanded again to find low and high spots, and the bogged bit where the bump strips had ripped the paint and body filler off.

^^Went a bit nuts with the bog on this one, the ding was tiny, but noticable. This much bog should get it smooth :lol:

^^RHR Quarter. Probably went a bit nuts with the bog on this one aswell, But I had to grind down the body filler to attack the rust spots above the fuel cap. The stock bump strips also pulled the paint off on this side aswell, revealing some unwanted surface rust which I grinded back also.

^^The 7A dipstick. The bracket was bent on a 90 degree angle, which just wasnt going to work with the 20 valve head. It had to be bent flat, which would allow it to be bolted into an original threaded hole in the head (possibly for original 20v dipstick maybe)

^^I pulled the 7A waterpump off today aswell. It just wont work in FWD format for a RWD car for my likings. I will be using Sam_Q's RWD 20v guide, which means I have to get a 4AC RWD rear housing waterpump with the 7A front housing pump. More on this later when its almost completed.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Well,
    Got some new parts in. Can you say Quaife Quick Rack??

^^Quaife Quick Rack and pinion. Will be going in my KE70 steering rack housing as soon as i have more teeth cut into the rack.
    Well, I got some 4AC engine brackets for the 7a bottom end.

^^Both the mounts bolted on. As you can see, its not really working. The left side is almost spot on, the right side is not so good.

^^Left mount. Almost bolts on perfect, just need to redrill the top hole and its on sweet as.

^^Right mount. Doesnt fit too well. Rear bolt holes need modification to fit, the rubber mount hole needs the angle changed to fit.

^^Where the fuel pressure reg. will be mounted. Need to invest in a bunch of braided lines and fittings soon
    Well, a box rocked up from overseas yesterday. With some shiney things inside it

^^Whats in the box do you think??

^^Hayashi Racing stickers and one centre cap, the other one is sitting in the rim for the pic.

^^And here they are. The long awaited Products! Brand new out of the factory in Japan!! 14x8 -11

Well, I got some done the other afternoon, and I am welding in rust panels today. I got the AE86 engine crossmber bolted onto the engine after all that confusion. All it was was the engine mounts being in the wrong holes, and too far forward. All sorted now though

^^Crossmember bolted on, can go into the shell if I really want, but it will bo going in after painting which is in about 4 weeks from now. Need to get shit done!!!!

^^Rear RH quarter absolutely smooth in 400 sandpaper. Will spray it in primer today and thats all that needs to be done. Fuel cap alignment was also fixed, need to put washers underneath the cap bracket and the shell, to space it out a bit to make it smooth with the quarter.
    RUST FTL :yucky:

Welded a whole rear lip in yeserday after I fnd there was repairs done previously. The repair decided to rust through, and all the old rust holes were previously bogged. Dad grinded the FUCK out of the top lip on the rear beaver panel, then we welded the replacement panel over it. It will probably rust again in 5 years, But the car will probably be being built again by then :lol:

^^All the bog grinded out of the rust holes on the top of the rear beaver panel. We also cut a big hole which you can see above the LHS tail light as that part was properly fucked. Nothing salvageable there <_<

^^All welded up, a much nicer sight! Although it did take about 2 hours. I take ages because I way too cautious of the metal warping haha. Bog was used to smooth over the welds and the metal so that the water wont sit anywhere after I sand it.
    More info and pics later

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well, Another post filled with pics. So, heres a new one!

Before I went away to QLD, I got some free KE70 moulded carpet, which got installed pretty much straight away. Got it all cut up for all the bolts etc. I think I cut a tad too much in places, which may show the floor which will definately stick out like dogs balls. Need to fix something there, might just glue it down and see how that goes.

Also, I screwed and bolted some interior pieces down. Kick panels and Lower door jam trims have been screwed on, Just to see If i cut too much away in that area or not enough..

^^All in, it looks sweet! Big Thanks to Ben (wideslider) who donated this to me!

^^Lower door jam trims have been dyed black, and are put in. Its all looking good!

^^Kick panels have also been dyed black. They might not look so good, Theyre in need of a wipe off, They are coveredin about an inch or so of dust :lol:. I'm still deciding whether to put some 4" speakers in them or not. At the moment its looking like two 6"x9"s in the rear parcel shelf.

^^I quickly welded up a battery box. Its far from done, It will be lined with 2mm rubber to avoid any troubles. Need to make a lid with a 10mm fold on it, and find some latches to fit on it. Also need to drill holes in the bottom for mounting into the boot (Earth will be bolted to this also) and a hole in the side for the power cable. Will be mounted on the passenger side.
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Sadly I haven't updated this in a little while, but I have sort of done a few things. Need to piss off the 4ac alternator now, and source a 7a one and all the mounts for it. Big thanks to Ben (Wideslider) again, he gave me a surge tank for a 6 pack, which will help me complete my fuel setup. Anyway, few pics of recent. A perfectly straight bonnet, 4ac alternator to dummy a few things up, how the boot is going to be set up and two pretty much done rear quarters. Hooray!

^^4AC alternator. Need to get all necessary bracketry aswell.

^^Top of bonnet all smooth as. Will hide it away now until painting.

^^Underside of the bonnet. All primed, nothing special really.

^^Quad throttle bodies basically done. Just need T3 velocity stacks. Still looking into top feed injector options, I want a fuel rail bad. Would look fuckin dope in a polished aluminium or anodized silver.

^^Inside the throttle bodies have been sanded with 400 grit, Its heaps smooth. The acid clean made them all go furry inside, so thats all gone now. I quite like the end result

^^Guard is smooth as, ready for paint also. Hopefully welding inside of it wont affect the outside

^^Other guard, pretty much there. Fiddling with the petrol cap, trying to get it square in the recess. Its just not right at the moment.

^^Left side of the engine bay. Spot putty has been put there to get it smoother. More work is needed, but its getting there.

^^Right side of the engine bay. Needs attention. Isnt smooth, need to sand it. I thought about JDM ae86 washer bottles and stuff, but I have seen them foul on strut braces so decided to run stock ke70 ones.
    Well, Fuel pumps rocked up on monday.. AJPS order shouldnt be too far off either. Figured out where I will mount the pumps, aswell as the fuel filter. Fuel filter will be run before the lift pump. EFI pump is a VL turbo one.

^^Yew!!

^^In the RH rear space between the rear guard and the boot floor. Brackets will be made up.

Had a serious think about the future of this car this afternoon. Decided that:

-Paint will be left until last thin to do, because for yr 12 major work (metalwork) I will be making a "hidden" roll cage, which involves splitting the pillars open, welding or bolting in a roll cage pipe (Probably weld) and then welding all the pipes together to make it all stiff. Will work sick! All interior will still be run, except for the back seat where a harness brace will be welded in.
    Well, Pulled the doors out of the storage space the other week, and began panel work on those. Low spots all over one door, The other is fairly good. Also had A wheel out, so I took a quick snap of that aswell.

^^The better door, I couldn't see many low spots. I guess primer and guide coat will tell.

^^The average door, about 4 small dings on the door skin, and a long one along the top of the door skin.

^^Sakura's out of the shed and out of their box. Now they are back in hiding.
    A box came in today from AJPS today. I now have all the rear suspension components, All that is needed now for the rear end to be rolling again is an modified LSD centre, one more Tarago axle and to paint the diff (have the proper paint here, just need to get the weather right.)

^^Whiteline adjustable trailing arms, Whiteline 18mm rear swaybar w/ bushes, New drum cylinders, new drum shoes, new axle bearings and seals, AJPS 40mm RCA's, 8x new rear wheel studs

^^Another little feature I decided on, AE86 foot rest. Never came out in KE70's, maybe AE71 Spirits got them.

More updates later on.........

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well, Copped a hit in the head in the eye the other day. Long story short, a guy at school had a chat westie lebo style haircut, and I was sick of taking shit off him so I basically said:
    "Fuck off you silly C*nt, get a better haircut"
    He went apeshit and I was just laughing at him while he was trying to arc up to me. He got even more cut and hit me in the head, I just laughed. Pussy....

But anyway, Here are pics of the E series axles compared to the JDM Zenki axles.

^^E series on the left, Zenki's on the right.

Now they are in the housing, and there is a slight problem with lengths.

^^Axles in, sweet as.

^^One axle isnt even fully in, and they are almost touching!
    __________________________________________________ _______
    Well, I got an Early model KE70 Wiring loom the other day. Need to make sense of it all then swap the looms over. Shouldnt be too hard though.

Got a bit done on Sunday. Went to put in my diff, and SHIT! One of the adjustable 4 links wasn't welded on straight. So I will have to wait for the other 4 links before I can bolt in my diff. Great! Thanks for that Whiteline!

But I got my roof sanded perfectly smooth in 400 grit paper. Sanding block FTL!

^^All it needs is primer now, Then its good to paint.
    Haven't updated in a while, So here goes.

^^My mate and I checking the roof for low and high spots, it all looked fine. I'm the one with the blue pants and shirt.

^^Gave the work area a sweep out, and got some shelves put in, now everything is much neater which is great.

^^Painted the T series in gloss black diff paint. Its fair good stuff

^^Got the diff in with the two upper 4 links, and the swaybar holding it in. Petrol Tank also put in.

^^Also got a GT grille, for the front end I am going to run. Going to take the badge off and put it on the other grille. Thinking about buying a replica GT badge for the second quad light grille I am getting.

Now its pretty much up to date, I gotta work for a bit now to get rid of the $2438 I owe mum and dad, so there won't really be too many more updates for the car.
    __________________________________________________ ___
    It is now the sad time to say, Goodbye Quad Headlights.
    They have become too popular for my likings, when I first went looking for them, I struggled to even find a shit set, and they are now just everywhere over here. So yeah, they are in boxes now.

I might still run them, but I have another front end on the way from O/S which will be different.
    Coming from O/S is Brand new chrome bumpers, Brand new headlights and a few JAF badges.
    Threw the new guards on today, one is ALRIGHT, one is pretty much shit. The shit one is now looking okay, I managed to get the profile on it looking decent now. The previous owner crashed the car in the guard, but it is definately looking good now.

After about 2 hours with a dolly, and 2 hours with a sanding block with 80 grit on it, it was looking good. Then I got the pliers out, the hammer and the dolly and started flaring the front guards. They are far from done, but they are getting there.

^^Bit more of a sand, and a bit more hammer and dolly work, and it should be looking a tad better.

^^Drivers side guard, looking better than the Passenger one at the moment, but the passenger one will take less time to make better.

A few more hours work, fronts will be finished.

^^Brand new Chrome bumpers, brand new indicators. Going into hiding asap!

^^Brand new bumper brackets, and end caps to suit.

^^Brand New JDM front light, and brand new grille with C badge and JAF badge. Other JAF badge will be on the Quad light grille.

^^RHS light and surround test fitted on, it fits alright I guess, bit of persuasion won't go astray to get them fitted.

Guard still looks pretty ratty, Sunday should see it close to completion. Still alot of hammer and dolly work to be done on it.

More info later on!

Cheers

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Another post!!

Well, been a little while since I have updated here. Been getting there, Slowly but surely.

Got a pair of door mirrors which I really like. Costed me $60 for a pair, which will be mounted on the side of the door. I don't think that fender mirrors will look very good with the sort of style I want.

^^Chrome OMG!
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Got some progress today.

Primed LHS front guard and put a guide coat on it, Primed both rear doors with a guide coat, Primed boot lid and put on a guide coat. Stripped paint off the front of the RHS guard and primed that, then put on a guide coat. Sanded it all back down with a sanding block with 400 grit paper.

^^Few low spots, which will be attended to with spot putty.

RHS Front guard:

^^Primed the front of the guard.

^^5 Minutes before.

^^5 minutes after

Then after another prime and guide coat, I gave it a sand down with 400 grit.

^^Blue bits are all lows, The profile is all wrong on the guard. All the lines aren't prominant enough, a light skim of bog should be able to fix it up a bit.

LHS guard is looking heaps better now.

^^Primed and guide coated.

^^Sanded it down, you can see the highs and lows in the guard. One part is fucked, but a bit of a hammer and dolly it should come up mint.

Then, I went on to the boot lid. I don't have to remove the dings on the radius, as the Spirit wing will cover the whole radius.

^^Primed and guide coated.

The boot lid isnt in as gooder condition as i thought, has a few dings on it, and where the badges were it has left little pit marks in the paint work. FAIL.

Test fitted the Sakura's on the Panelvan. It has stock front struts and LCA's. Looks like I made the guards just big enough to cover for the Added LCA length that will be on this car. Also Got the Firewall Primed in 2 Pac primer.

^^Firewall Primed...... AGAIN <_<

But this made my day a bit better.

^^Needs a spring chop, but it will do for test fitment.

^^Sits a bit under the guard, But the added LCA length will make them fit there good. If they stick out a bit too far, the camber can be dialled in to tuck them under the guard.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Got the whole engine bay primed today. Then I put spot putty in the rough spots to get the scratches out of the old paintwork and bog. I then test fitted the whole JDM front onto the car. Looks sweet! :blush:

^^Getting there, Primer tomorrow afternoon. Paint gun is chillin' in the fridge to keep the 2 pac primer from going off.

^^New Jap front

Got the spray gun out of the fridge! Managed to get the bay painted in the primer, which is sick! It looks great.
    These pics were taken just then, was sprayed yesterday. Black Will be sprayed on once everything has been trial fitted into the bay to avoid what happened last time. (Wreck the paint work)

^^From the top.

^^Passenger side of the bay, also note the stock Cold Air Induction hole welded up. All unnessecary holes welded up, Battery stand drilled out and holes welded up.

^^Drivers side of the bay. All unnessecary holes welded up, including the coil mounting holes. Emissions bracket drilled out and holes fibreglassed up.

On the look out for a 3 port brake master, so I can get rid of the brake biase valve and weld up the mounting holes for that too.

More updates as they happen.

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast