Thread: Swaping ADM Wiring Loom with JDM Loom

Oldschool Member

Hey,

Just need some guidance on where to go next with my JDM 4AGE conversion on my Sprinter.

Kinda new to this so mind my ignorance...Basically I'm at the stage where I need to get the fuel system set up and the engine wired up.
    I pretty much took everything form a JDM Levin Half cut including the in-car wiring loom (minus the power steering and JDM cluster)

So my question is, is it worth replacing the entire ADM in-car wiring loom with the JDM one?????

I figured all I needed to do was find the matching wires that go to the rear lights, door switches and cabin light to the JDM loom' solder it up and Bobs your uncle.
    Also thought that if I did this I would have no problems with burnt out headlight wiring when I chuck on my Kouki headlights and my fog light switch will work.

I'm sure it may just be a little more complicated than that...Just worried some things may not work, more so my ADM Cluster...

Has anyone ever preformed this kind of replacement???

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers...

Name
    Dwayne
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

at least you've got the right idea. i'm halfway through swapping in a complete ae82 loom (stupid idea btw). by all rights everything should work fine.
    in your case you may have some small issues between the jdm loom and the adm instrument cluster, but i'm sure you're not the first person to have tried it.
    good luck eh?

parrot

Swap over absolutely every JDM wire you have. This way everything will work including the idle up. The only thing you need to add in then is the fuel pump wiring which goes into junction box in the drivers footwell from the back of the car. Assuming you have the dash loom too.