Thread: johls ke70

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Wink

hi all i bought this a couple of weeks ago now and have already started modding it to try and get it back to her former glory. its had a few owners and I'm sure most of you have seen it before but here it is any way.

1983 ke70 cs
    NEw Paint
    ma61 supra wheels?
    King Springs
    Monroe Shocks
    Neo Taco
    ghey steering wheel
    Full Alarm

AE101 4AGZE
    Exhaust
    Extractors
    Fuel Pressure Reg
    Front Mount Cooler - 300zx
    Air Filter
    Thermo
    T50
    S Series

when driftae71 owned it apparently it made makes 110 RWKW(145RWHP)

since i bought it i have got
    -4.1 locked t series diff off ajps so u know its good...lol
    -whiteline adjustable panhard rod
    -trd 3 puk brass button clutch as the stock one was pretty fkt when i got it
    -and i also re tinted the tail lights and blinkers
    -also got a silencer for the loud canon... fk i hate cannons... they sound ghey

when i got the car there was some rust in it so i hit this with an angle grinder and have got most of it out so all i need to do it rust proof the grinded areas then bog and paint then should be all sweet to get my roady before i put my locked t series in. i am also putting in some camber adjustable control arms. not sure if they are sigma or corona but i'l find out when i put them in. will be putting my new clutch in tomorrow so i can put the gearbox back on and get that bit closer to getting her on the road. btw the one bolt up the top of the box on the drivers side is the biggest kent to get to... i think thats about it for now... will update when i do more stuff over the weekend.

future mods-
    -w58 gearbox so it wont break with my clutch
    -lower and harder springs and shocks allround. 6kg front 4.5kg rear
    -bmw front end conversion to a 325e (grill and quaddies) prob just cut the grill and zip tie. should work hopefully.
    i don't really wanna pour alot of money into this as i have a sprinter shell that I'm also sourcing parts for to do my sr+trueno+projector headlight conversion. lol i think i'v got a thing for different headlights on cars...

the last pic is front end I'm gunna put on (y)
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

hey dude,
    if you just copy the links from your photobucket account with [img] tags around them, and put them in your post. the pictures should show up proper.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

sweet. all pics r up now.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

clutch and gearbox all in now... was done surprisingly quickly.... next up is rust proofing then repainting. has anyone else repainted little sections of their car with decent results? im getting a litre of the same colour paint as what is on the car atm and will spray it on with a gun. not after a show finish but from a far it should look pretty similar. only painting the grinded parts in the photos. any input would be great?

Name
    Justin
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Probably best off to spray whole panels (ie, rear quarter, door) will give you a lot better finish. Even pro's who can flick have trouble.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

time for a bit of an update i think. got all rust out and am halfway through fibre glassing. then a bit oif bog then she's on the road. hopefully by the end of the month.
    also i bought a quaife quick rack which should be pretty interesting. dont even know why i bought it. just wanna know what its like to drive with one.
    also bought some kyb short stroke shox and 7kg+5kg ajps springs and a lock spacer. dave even gave me a free front strut brace. what a champ. and i will be getting power steering arms soon.
    i think i'l wait to get the car on the road before putting all new suspension and rack and t series diff just cuz it'l look a bit more roadworthy in its current state.
    next parts on the agenda will be power steering arms as mentioned, adjustable swaybars, rear strut brace and some nrca's. i think that'l do the old girl suspension wise.
    i'l get some photos up once i receive my parts next week.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

ok got a few parts now so i'l show ya's some pics. and also i'l show u my hachi shell i'v had for a while now. had to change my springs from 7-5 to 6-4.5 cuz ajps didnt have stock of the 7's. we'l see how she goes anway.
    happy viewing (y)

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

good shit!

i think the front bit of the grille might stick out a bit much tho

Name
    Grant
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Lol wow Andy's old 86 gets around... i cant beleive that shell is stilll going.

Both cars look good mate, and some quality parts lined up for em too

Good luck
    http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/731/43367425735d6c87ce7bo.jpg

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

trueno sedan-on the bmw grill? yeh that what i was thinkin would be the only problem
    grant- lol yeh not exactly gets around as yet but yeh she's seen better days and hopefully some more to come. as soon as the keto stops draining my bank account

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast