Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yum, all of them, just yum

Banned

Another valley pass from Norway - although its quite alot steeper than the pic shows

Name
    Justin
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I was just thinking that doesnt look that steep, then i saw the bottom of the valley! Pretty high stuff!

I wish i could show you guys some of our roads down here, they arent as twisty as above but they are pretty damn good... all of the aerial views are obscured by trees though. One of our fav roads (local boys) is something like 1500 ft above sea level, very steep with LOTS of hair pins, ill take a vid next time im out there to give you a idea i reckon.

Veteran
    Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

so wanna go dubai again i went ages ago was so fucking good picture Miami without Car laws seriously it id love 2 live there id hit up that place daily

Banned

Very cool long exposure night shot from another Monte Carlo stage.

Oldschool Member

Well in terms of places you can get to, and that aren't stupid, long, slow 2nd gear climbs/descents..
    Find a map of South Hobart -> Ridgeway road-> Huon Road -> Fern Tree -> Neika -> Longley -> Lower Longley -> Huon Hwy - Kingston -> beach road fish and chips :lol: .

Its about 20kms, climbs for the first 10 or so, levels out and comes slowly back down. Gets up to 600m or so above sea level, hairpins, bridges, hairpins on bridges, climbs, descents, corners that are wet 365 days a year, fast bits...

I ran up over there coming home from work (Kingston) at midnight on tuesday, it was windy but dry at sea level, climbed up into the rain by Sandfly, then into about 5 minutes of snow coming through the hairpins above Neika, descended back through the rain, and back down into the dry town. Didn't see a single car for the entire trip.
    Pretty typical...
    Though on a hot summers day it is awesome, leave 30 degree temps in town behind for the high teens, no traffic, dryish roads, great visibility...

Actually any map of the greater Hobart and Huon area should show a lot of fun roads. Maybe not the best in the world but easily some of the best in Australia.

Name
    ADAM
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

wow some of those roads are just amazing

heres a couple i found

Oldschool Member

I don't want to rain on the parade, but apart from the arab road, all this low gear climb-> hairpin-> low gear climb->hairpin->low gear climb->hairpin shit doesn't actually look like much fun.

A couple of routes here; you can go razz through the mountains or along the coast. In fact you can keep going south and do another 60kms or so of really fun roads if you want...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast