Thread: KE70 suspension?

Bad Email Address

Hay guys just wanted know if anyone can help me? IM looking to put xt130 LCA in my KE70 wagon! Iv been searching around your threads a bit and iv read that they bolt strate up!! But will i have to change my struts/radias
    rods to suit? the reason i ask is with the LCA arm being longer wouldn't the struts have to be longer to?
    An same with the radias rod? i know the radias rod with bolt up but now with the LCA being longer wouldn't it make the Radias rod sorter ( as in less caster )?

Also want to know what kind of short strocks inserts i can put in the front and what kind of shocks i can put in the back its a wagon! Dont really want to go two over the top as it only a everyday street car

Just wanted to know so i can work out what im gonna need so i can get it done this week!!

Any help would be just dandy
    Cheers & thanks for your time steve!

Name
    Calvin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Hey steve,
    Not much out there on the market in the way of schocks and springs for a KE70. Your best bet is to convert to AE86 struts and then speak to one of the site sponsors on here about some shocks and springs for those.

In regards to your corona LCA's they will bolt up to KE70 struts and will still bolt up to ae86 struts if you go down that path in the future. just replace them with your current ones then all you'll need is a wheel alignment and you're laughing.

Have a read of the front suspension thread in the tech article section. should have some handy info there (y)
    Cheers, Calvin
    T18 in the build

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

rear suspension wise you might want to sus out other springs from a car such as a suzuki sierra or the likes that have very flat springs, that way you can lower and stiff the rear on one hit, as well as making up a custom panard setup to stop leaf sway. I
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Christian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

If you swap to ae86 struts does everything else still bolt up fine? Can you still keep the ke70 brakes?

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

your better off getting complete ae86 struts with brakes, the brakes are slighlty bigger than the ke70 ones, and then you can go nuts with springs/shocks/powersteering arms. unfortunately nothing good really available for ke70 struts.
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Name
    daf
    State
    qld
    Country
    Aust

Hey mate,

I just finished off my suspension recently. I had in mind to do it on the cheap and still get good results from it handling wise and braking wise. I used XT130 struts and turned them into coilovers (optional), stock KE70 top hats, XT130 LCAs, standard Corona 266mm disk rotors and Corona 2spot calipers (not all models used the 2 spots?). As other people have said, stock struts dont leave much room for modifing/upgrades. With the Corona struts, you will have a much wider variety of parts to use in the future ie. HiLux/Corona/Pug big brake upgrade, as well as a wider choice of insert options. I used AE86 KYB inserts for the front. The only "problem" with my setup is that you may need 14" rims to clear the calipers. My rear setup is pretty simple and effective, thus why it is a very commonly used upgrade. Commodore short-stroke shocks and cut AU Falcon springs. Hope that helps.

Oh yeah, if you put the XT130 LCAs in, deffinately invest in a wheel allignment. I am still yet to do that...

-Alex