and for my hills starts as well as normal in traffic driving:

30kw club

Name
    matt
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

yea thats what i was thinking, would be heaps helpful.

thanks mate, issa.
    1982 KE70 - Red - Meshies - Madhouse Lip - Lowered - Custom plates (KE70) - and much more to come !!!!

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

ok that sounds manageable, but I will need to do some very carefull camera postioning and I will need my friends help to edit the film
    30kw club

Name
    Will
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

you can heel and toe in blundstiones? man you aret he king

i never really heel and toe, should practice it some day. i made up a checkerplate accelerator cover to help with it, but it pissed me off so i threw it away/

Name
    matt
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

sound fun, just please becareful doing it, dont want you to get hurt, or caught or something. especially over me encouraging something.

btw, i still cant exaclty why its still done, i got the bit when they dont use a clutch, but they usually do use the clutch when there changing. but im sure your vid will explain that.

ok i just wanted to ask something about it as well. your going into a turn ur going to shift down, you putfoot on brake's, then u clutch in engage in the gear down (say second) then dap the throttle then you release clutch?

or do you dab the throttle while your shifting? <<but im sure that doesnt work as well, and isnt as healthy, or am i wrong about that?

btw thanks alot SAM Q st cred ^^^ :2thumbs:

cheers, issa.
    1982 KE70 - Red - Meshies - Madhouse Lip - Lowered - Custom plates (KE70) - and much more to come !!!!

Name
    matt
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

you automaticaly hill and toe, just when your press the brakes

joking, thats an awesome set up, did you just bend the pedals how you wanted them?

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

roadsailing: hhehhe you ahd a simular reaction to that of my friend when he found out about that. You see I gained a fair bit of experince driving 40min to work every day when I was younger and thats the style of boots I wore. But later on I had problems with my feet (flat feet they call it) and I had custom in-soles made up, anthying else is a bit concomfatable. What that meant for me is that I have only had shoes on other than these once in the last 3 months I think. So yeah all my driving manouvers are done with what you see here.

phat man: dont worry I wouldn't be stupid enough to try and drive whilst holding a camera. I will just employ the services or one of my almost equally loopy friends. I drive like I do every single day and he just films.

ok with the clutch thing, using a heel and toe lets the speeds line up and it makes it possible to change gears without a clutch, but its a slow process, only good for clutch problems. The main thing I am talking about is just to speed an engine up before letting the clutch out so you dont have to wait for it. Think of this: a simpler variation is just if you want to drop down from fourth to second in a 60 zone, you dont need to brake so you can just do the following:

- clutch in
    - change gear whist pushing your foot on the accelerator
    - wait a very short moment till the revs sound right
    - let the clutch out

instead of doing this:

- clutch in
    - change gear
    - gently let the clutch out and let the driveline spin the engine get up to the speed

I think if I do a video I will go through this exact steps, you know I think that part of the video would need little to no editing so it would really easy to do.

as for the street cred, i think I stick to myself too much to have street cred, man if people knew what I used to do at night in the dark in the rain by myself... I have only ever had one passeneger witness what I used to do. Not that I would do anyting bad on public streets or encourage such a thing of course.
    30kw club

Name
    Grant
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Intesting stuff Sam, it hadnt really clicked for me that the 71 pedels were closer, but most of the quick shifting i do is in my 71 so i guess thats why i hadnt noticed it being hard to do in the 86.

I find with the 71 i dont need to heel and toe so much, just as long as i rev match but its definately helpful advice for anyone. Closer pedels would be much better for anyone that does sprint days or club runs etc.
    http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/731/43367425735d6c87ce7bo.jpg

Name
    John
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

would u be able to cut the adm pedal of a sprinter and weild it on closer? like bac on to the metal rod thing, or is it plastic?

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

well actually it seems to be morso the length of shaft after the 90 degree bend, there would be no problem cutting that and rewelding it short, it would need to be a really good weld though, I dont know if I could trust it
    30kw club

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast