Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: how to heel and toe better

Name
    Andy
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

all the cars i learnt to drive in would not change down unless you had the revs matched perfectly, thank god for paddock bashers! i have had the luxury of hydraulic clutches the past few years, my current shitter has a very worn cable clutch...there's a delay in what you foot is doing to what the pressure plate actually does..trying to get the revs up and the clutch engaged at the right time is difficult, you can't double clutch because the pedal doesn't return fast enough!

Name
    Bert
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnny_08 @ Oct 28 2007, 07:53 PM) </div>i rev match (thats what i call it) in every single car i drive, i started doing it on L's, as soon as i got my Ps in my *chrysler galant* daily i started heel and toeing, it takes a little while to pick up, but once anyone gets to know thier car, they can do it, i have been driving like this to the point where i can now (in my daily) heel and toe flatshift downshift, once you know your car you can do anything, slam the clutch 24/7 with no jerking and because you know your ratios and you know how fast your revs drop etc.

i think having an aggressive clutch teaches you to drive properly faster than anything else possible could, i have a 4puck in my daily, and 3 puck in my sprinter, these clutches mean if you want to drive fast you need to get your revs right, for change ups or change downs.

ialso think the lack of brake assist on my Chrysler helped, as the brakes were not so touchy.

once you get the feel and co-ordination of the clutch accelerator and brakes and shifter all dialed you can do it on ANY car, i drive a lot of customers cars at work, and to be honest i do rev match and heel and toe (where pedals allow) almost every manual car, even a HSV GTS (307kw) holden the other day!!!
    haha.

watch vids and practice practice practice, its seriously worth it, its 2nd nature once you get used to it.

*edit* some spelling

heel toe with a loud car and people just look at you weirdly

Name
    Art
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

lol, yeap. there is a down side to having a loud car :\
    VLNY

Name
    Louis
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yeah my bro passed on this habit to me when i was on my L's too....mum and dad were like what the hell are doing that for?? haha

Just do it for a bit and yeah will become second nature....i have to tell myself not to do it now.....bit of a bad habit on the streets cause yeah i do get some funny looks and I'm pretty sure i wake the neighbours every saturday night!!

Works very well on the track cause when your hammering into a corner you don't wanna worry bout letting the clutch out smooth just give it a quick blip and dump tha mofo....

Would save the clutch a bit too....

I heel and toe as I downshift all the time, especially in the hachback, because otherwise I feel guilty about unloading the rear end and placing heaps more pressure than I have to on the clutch..........

Did it coming into the Coles carpark once in front of a bunch of the Targa Tas boys, and they're all staring me down as I get out of the car to go and get my bread and milk, give em a nod, keep on doing what I do, lol.
    Josh Curwen, 26/02/1987-26/10/2008, the world is a lesser place without you, you will be missed little Fox, game on..........

Quote Originally Posted by 7shades
    If traction and articulation won't get you there, speed and stupidity will
    Member of the Leaf Sprung Axle Trampers Club

Click me for epic jump video I is used the force.......

Name
    Damian
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

good tutorial haha

Name
    Liam
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kAm @ Mar 22 2008, 02:24 AM) </div>
    hahah i hear that,

i don't have too much trouble in my sprinter, but i find bigger shoes help,

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I learned to heal and toe on my Ls too. The car I was learning to drive in had a rooted gearbox and would crunch unless you did. Then a bit later it saved me from being stuck when my daily broke the clutch cable, plus I was lasy and didn't change it for around 6 months.

Bad Email Address

good vid on it and nice 86

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast