Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 15 x 10 superlites

Bad Email Address

anyone ever fitted a set of 15 x 10 - 27 offset on their ke70 or 71 or 86? i've seen 15 x 10 challengers on the rear but what about the front? anyone have any pics of some good dish on a ke/ae?

Bad Email Address

oops please delete mods wrong section .. to many tinnys <_<

Name
    anz
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

what tyres r u runnin with the 15x10s??

Oldschool Member

i dno why you would want to... they are 16x9 -15 on the front. so gaurds bigger than that gives you a good idea.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (andro0o @ Oct 28 2007, 01:30 AM) </div>My point.

On such a light car where tyres like 215 - 235's just arent needed, wheels that wide for steering is overkill.

Remember most nissan drivers use 9/9.5 wide steerers on silvias with 215 tyres and they weigh considerably more than corolla's.....
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Im not disagreeing with you that wider tyres are bad KonaKid, but just because a heavier car is using a wider tyre, that isnt an argument against using it on a lighter car.

Generally what stops people using a wider tyre for racing is class restrictions.

Drift of course brings up a whole heap of new arguments and opinions.

Oldschool Member

Theres a whole lot more to it than simply asking "what width tyres?". You need to take a whole pile of variables into account.

The responses on here indicate that whilst they fit, they may not be the best idea. That may well be true, however what exactly you plan on using it for, what tyres you intend to fit and how adjustable your suspension is needs to be taken into account at the bare minimum.

Many responses have said outright that 2XX width tyres are too wide. As long as you can work the tyres enough so that they heat up, it dosen't matter. To that end, as long as you can get heat into them, the wider the better.

If you ever intend on driving it in the rain, forget it. Get some cheesecutters or SLOW DOWN.

Can you adjust your suspension to make the most of the extra grip afforded to you by the tyres? If not, don't bother. I just recently spent $4k on a set of double adjustable Koni's and Eibach springs to make the most of my tyres and handling.

The weight of the car does come into it somewhat, but to say that you can only have a certain width for certain cars is not correct. I run 215/50R13's on my car, and it weighs 530kg (dry).

Take the whole package into consideration before making a decision. Shelling out for better wheels now may make your car worth _something_ in a couple of years time.

Leo

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

what size 13s? what tyre?

me need some tyres for my 13s aswell
    85' JDM TA63 GTTR sedan - Godlike
    89' JDM GZ20 Soarer - 1jz + R154 bus

Quote Originally Posted by joeschmo_57 View Post
    I tried to sell my virginity yesterday in a pub. Shame it was second hand anyway

Oldschool Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggo @ Oct 31 2007, 02:07 PM) </div>I use Kumho V70A in a soft compound for supersprinting, and Yokohama A048R in Medium for the road. I dont think you can get A048's in soft, but if you can, I want them!

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

someone got pictures of these suckers on a car? the 15 x 10 -26 (or whatever it is)

4AGE & 7AGE Forged Connecting Rods - Lightweight Flywheels - And Much More

^ Clicky clicky!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast