Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 15 x 10 superlites

Bad Email Address

anyone ever fitted a set of 15 x 10 - 27 offset on their ke70 or 71 or 86? i've seen 15 x 10 challengers on the rear but what about the front? anyone have any pics of some good dish on a ke/ae?

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i hope you have some seriously wide guards to handle that

that's a crazy offset for the front, even for crazy people
    4AGE & 7AGE Forged Connecting Rods - Lightweight Flywheels - And Much More

^ Clicky clicky!

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Its not really a crazy offset, the inside lip of the rim will be sitting in pretty much the same position as the stock wheel (about 95mm inboard of the hub), if you really want to run such wide wheels you could go for a lower offset and get the rim a bit closer to the strut. You would still need guard mods in a fairly big way methinks...

I suppose this is for looks over performance yeah?

Bad Email Address

well i get all the cons with having some big dish rims with all that negative offset, but i guess we'll see how much of a difference it makes, changing bearings a nother time in a year doesnt bother me, we'll see how we go with the bump steer, has anyone had any experience with running big offest rims on thier 86 or ke?
    and yeah u just gotta have dish, i just gotta find my camera cable and i'll post up some pics of the modded arches, i would prefer mayb a - 22 or something but these wheels only come - 8 or - 27 something like that.

any more comments? tips?

u see some of the D1 cars especially Hibino's 86 and he runs - 26 front and rear and i looks insane i dont see his dish causing him any troubles... hmmm

Veteran
    Name
    Stefan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

but still 10's on front will make your car feel wak at front end

maby consider a pair of 8.5's with a -25 offset

and 9's for rears

JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET AS F*CK!!! hmmm, when you prenounce it properly, it sounds gay how bout that.

Bad Email Address

what do u mean by wak? it would prolly make the car a bit heavier at low speeds, say parking or u turns whateva, but with the extra inch each side of rubber wouldn't it reduce some understeer and increase the speed/ rate of turn in at which understeer would usually occur?
    anyone had any experience with running wide rims on the front as well as rear?
    hit me up , mAN i just found a link and Hibino runs a full s13 rear cradle/diff/ everything.. insane!

Name
    Russ
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I havent mucked around with corollas enough to know for sure, but wont a 10' wheel just scrub on pretty much everything, as in the front of the guard, firewall, inner wheel well, chassis rail ect

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i just hope u dont drive this car in the wet. 10 inch wide front wheels will aqua plane like a mo fo. are u looking at stretching the tyres heaps or just run like some 255's?
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

we have 14x10's running 205s

its nothing crazy just looks hell sick. with an offset arounf -30 it wont scrub the inside.

unfourtunalty they dont fit my car at the moment, but bring on the cum stain and we shall find out. Carefull with larger tyres tho as the wont fit the tyre well at all.
    85' JDM TA63 GTTR sedan - Godlike
    89' JDM GZ20 Soarer - 1jz + R154 bus

Quote Originally Posted by joeschmo_57 View Post
    I tried to sell my virginity yesterday in a pub. Shame it was second hand anyway

Bad Email Address

thats what i want to hear biggo! the rim shouldnt foul anything on the inside of the arch or the rails etc.
    biggo have u got a pic of the wheels on your car?

johl tyres are gonna be stretched like a mother.. 195 50's its been done before so it can be done again on a 10in rim..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast