Hi all this is a question for all who have delt with standard ae86 exhaust manifolds.

I currently have one on mine that leaks a fair amount, so much so that i really want to keep my windows down all the time.
My basic question is that where to they normally leak from (im almost certain its from the connection around where the starter/heat sheild is), and is it worth fixing if its doing this.

I also have a bung cat so at the same time i plan to replace the cat with a r33 item.

I find myself faced with several directions i can go

1. Get a good quality set of extractors (probly around $500, would prefer cheaper but you pay for what u get)
For this purpose i basically get ones that are stainless instead of mild steel and they dont actually stop right next to the firewall/starter.
I was considering something like this

Those are 38,600 yen so around $386, would anyone have any idea how much postage would be? i would assume id be paying $500-600 before they were here.

2. Get a set of the crap trd copy extractors (i have em on the 71, dont really like em at all) for as cheap as possible. Most likely modify them to extend an extra couple of inches so they arent right next to where the aus slave is (i have been told this improves them a large amount)

3. Modify the current manifold. My assumption would be i would have to bin the second half of the rwd manifold and get exhaust made up to mate up with the first part of the manifold which comes out of the engine. The only reason im not so keen on doing this is itll most likely cost me just as much as the second choice and theres more chance that it will still leak.

Anyway sorry, its another one of my essay style tech questions but if anyone has been in this situation and has regrets and/or tips that they wanna share it would be very helpful.

Cheers all

Grant