Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Poobrowns DET goodness...

Name
    Scott
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Ok guys.. so i got tired of the 4AGE.. and wanted something with a bit more punch.. and a wee bit different. so i hops on ebay, and spotted a KE70 with an age in it.. so me and my bro hops in a car and drives to brizzy to have a look at it. we get there, the ke is basicly sold. i then started looking at this AE86 the guy has,, ne who, one thing leads to another and i bought it.. so here it is. bit of a photo log of us fixing poor craftsman ship.. but yeah.. um abit of info about the car i guess..

Engine:
    SR20DET Out of a 180 Type X... has a black tappet cover.. but is identical to a red top..

Cooling:
    Mitsubishi 3 core VR4 radiator
    Earls oil cooler with braided lines and remote filter
    Trust 100mm thick Drag Intercooler
    Davies Craig thermo fans x 2

Driveline:
    1 Piece TailshaftHilux diff
    Cusco RS 2 way LSD

Suspension:
    Front-
    All converted to S13 hardware
    Apexi N1 coilovers
    Section pillow ball adjustable castor rods
    Cusco pillow ball upper mounts
    Whiteline sway bar
    Rear-
    RS*R springs
    TRD green 8 way adjustable shocks
    Section pillow ball adjustable trailing arms
    ARC pillow ball adjustable sway bar

Bracing:
    Trust GREX front strut brace
    Cusco rear strut brace

Brakes:
    R32 Skyline master cylinder
    APP braided brake lines
    Front-
    R32 Skyline 4 spot calipers
    R32 Skyline slotted and cross drilled discs
    Trust GREX pads
    Rear-
    JDM calipers
    JDM EBC discs
    Trust GREX pads

Rolling:
    Front-
    Volk Rays Engineering TE37 16 x 8"
    Yokohama A539 205-45-16
    Rear-
    Work deep dish 15 x 8"
    Various Tyres

Interior:
    Recaro SR drivers seat
    Nardi Classic steering wheel

so.. i gets it home and it looks like this..

after not much time we start playing.. First thing we did was move the cooler.. Far too low and held in with zip ties.. the next few days was me cutting zip ties and putting bolts in their place, also replaced the front bumper with a much more street stock looking one also fitted a set of red lines.. i think they suit it

we then took to the fuel system.. i didnt like having the fuel pump sitting behind me.. so we moved the surge tank into were the jack is ment to live.. and the fuel pump out of the car, provides a much more enjoyable.. quiet driving environment.. meh, i can't be fucked typing any more, i'll just let the pictures do the talking

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

nice

any engine mods? turbo? boost?

Name
    Felix
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

very nice, how much did that set u back if you dont mind me asking

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i remember this on ebay

after reading the spec list you got a lot of parts for your money, well done

Edmund and Cliff are cool guys they had a few 86's and 70's that needed work but all sold well below what they were worth.

again awesome pick up for the $$ spent

Name
    Scott
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

At the moment i think i've spent about 10 and its still not ready, meh, sooo happy with it, bolted my plates on it yesterday and took it for a few laps around the block. its great to drive, really is,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>yeah, your right! Edmand still has an ae86 with an sr in it, it's his fun car or something he calls it, i shutter to think how much me and my brother have spent in his shop tho haha, off down there thisarvi to pick up a Trueno front end and a heap of other shit for my other car, Decided to go S13 suspention on it, so he's hooking me up with a set of Ksport's and Cusco camber tops.. he also has a set of LED whiteline tail lights i've been eyeing off, but i wont buy cause i just got a set of redlines off him oh well

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>yeah stock every thing, we've put a new turbo on it, just a stock one as the one off it was off a pretty clagged out motor with low oil pressure. but once i get use to it i will wind the boost up a little, but i really dont see the need, it goes well and truely fast enough, esp for an 86, my big hope is to try and get to track days and stuff.. fingers crossed.

Name
    Scott
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Well its been quiet some time since i had this on the front page.. so i guess i'll do an update. its been on the road for a bit over a month now, driven as a daly, not a problem, While driving i've been saving.. so i've purchased a few goodies.. um.. pulled the coil overs out to get em serviced as they've been sitting for quiet some time.

a little well i'll be note.. pulled the frount guards off cause i've got some trueno ones to go on there.. and there was a good 20 years of decomposed leaves and dirt and shit under there... I takes a look at the guard and body.. not a spec of rust.. God bless the little old lady who got the dealer to rust proof this thing! seriously, no rust! at all!.

any way, i just need a Front bumper now and it will be back on the road.. so yeah if any one knows of one.. tell a brother

ne who, i'm out.
    Later

*Edit, i got those flairs aswell, dono if i wanna throw em on.. havnt got wheels to fill em Any one want 4 new Revolver flairs?

Name
    Felix
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

photo of flares?

i've got a mate who's chasing some on the goldy

Yeah pm me with a photo of the flares if there still up for grabbs mate.

Name
    Scott
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeah, i'll probs keep the flairs atm, got bored today.. so i decided to throw some 18's on my car, haha, as ya do, nah, my bro had em lieing around not useing em so yeah, tax!

let me know what you's think, i like it, looks differant thats for sure, already had 3 head turns!! yep! people actually turnt their head to look at a smelly old 86!

*edit* Took the duck tail off to paint it.. much to my shock, turns out its a Genuine trd one! :o i was impressed. also trueno frount is on hold atm while i save some money up for a body kit

they look too big i reckon, nice style of rim tho, the other rims u got are the hot diggity, let me no if ya wanna sell ya works and te37's tho

nissan powaz ftw

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast