Australia

Gutters and drains.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

shift lock and handbrake are slower than just throwin the sob into it violently with maybe a little clutch kick on tighter turns.

ive only used shift lock between corners when coming out of the powerband in higher gear to near rev limit in 1 gear down. ie top of c-red to hairpin at wanneroo. but thats not really initiation just keepin it going
    Last edited by H8CHIR6KU; 15th April 2009 at 02:07 AM.

Senior Member Hen may possibly be a nut's Avatar
    Name
    Hen
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Handbrake entries are the lowest form of entry. Even slightly lower than understeering off the track into tyre barriers.

Everything else is good. And it's good to learn a bunch of different ways to get/keep sliding.

Hen

Name
    stanza
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

generally speaking i use shift/brakes to start a silde well i think it's called that.

so say 5500-7000rpm in 3rd throw in to direction of the corner once the cars about to slide split second slap it into 2nd and put decent pressure on the brakes (depending on how long of an entery and the corner) to get the car just at or slightly past the apex/gutter once your clear smash the trottal and if possable select 3rd or higher gear.

the braking and trottal all depend on how long of entery and grippness of the surface.

thats generally speaking my way of doing it. you could stay in 3rd for some corners but if it's too small you'll tend to load up 3rd and or bog out.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

lol...

How long does it take to simply jab your foot on the clutch.

How long does it take for the compression lock to actually 'lock' after dropping the gear, the fact that you need to be in a higher gear to get the slide going in the gear you want is already a disadvantage to you, especially on street. Not too mention your wasting time having to grab the shifter.

Handbrake, again lol. Slows you down too much unless you're trying to do a 180 point turn, in which, you could still clutch kick and come in with a long entry. Time wasted again grabbing the handbrake, and you are having the clutch engaged anyway.

There's a reason why clutch kick is the most preferred method, it is fast, it is predictable, your hands don't need to come off the wheel, the revs stay up, it is simply efficient. Always in control.
    Last edited by ae86hachiroku; 15th April 2009 at 11:14 AM.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

If you comp lock properly, i.e under brakes then its like giving the handbrake a split second yank, works fucking well as you keep your speed up and therefore momentum. Its fast because you have to come into the corner quite fast and there is instant throttle as soon as the car gets sideways.

Without a doubt the fastest way to initiate as its a braking drift so you can approach the corner faster than you would normally than if you were going to clutch kick.

The fact that you need to change down, grab the shifter and work really fast to get it to be somewhat predictable and right is all part of the awesomeness of nailing it, especially on the street.

RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Why not enter earlier and clutch kick in that higher gear and drop down? So much more simple and all you need is a left foot jab. Whereas if your trying to turn in, you have 1 hand on the shifter, and one on the steering, that's less control for an aggresive entry.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

You can use both hands on the steering wheel, you just need to down change really fast then get your hand back on the wheel as you release the clutch.

its mainly useful for when the corners arent wide enough or the car not powerful enough to accommodate for a big clutch kick entry.

Its a technique that is good for small entries really i find no more than 20 metres away from a corner.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Davey & Riki-lee
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

first off i started just handbrake then it went into scando then handbrake for mega entrys.

depends on corner
    R&D Mechanical, Seaford SA - please visit www.rdmechanicalshop.com
    Our introduction - Click here

Name
    Simon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

i like doing 20 kph up to a corner.... nice n slow... then i rip up the handbrake y'all... which washes me excessive speed off so i can enter in 1st and smoke da bags!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast