Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you use to initiate?

Name
    ed
    State
    tas
    Country
    australia

yeh pretty sure we all use different techniques, i'll comp lock if i'm say, in a work ute and it's raining.
    or feint if i'm being a wanker in a standard car
    i sorta thought we were talking about favourite entries here tho
    scando from as far back as you can, least amount of handbrake possible TO ME, is the most fun.
    i drift, i don't compete
    the care factor for what is the fastest and best entry per certain corner is little
    the care factor for what feels the most fun is lots
    NEAR MISS

Name
    Calvin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

yeh what konakid said comp lock is wicked. most cars don't have the power to kick the clutch in the higher gear you are in to initiate a slide.

on the street most corners are 2nd gear right? come in in 3rd at about 90ish then shift down to second both hands on wheel well before corner clutch out violently and power is right there. i don't see how that's more complicated than jabbing the clutch. your feet are making the same movements.

we need driving club drift comp
    T18 in the build

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Not sure what cars your talking about here, but if it can comp lock it sure as hell can clutch kick.

I don't see how you don't see it's more complicated than jabbing the clutch, you've said it right there, look at it this way. You're going to drop a gear down anyway right? So why mess around with lockups and a hand off the steering wheel when you could just pop it left leg, and drop a gear while neutral sliding.

I can see how this technique can work casually, but if your talking about drifting with proper entries, not past apex turn ins, it's just not efficient enough, not to mention the initiation speed would be slow as. It's an easy comparison, film a car doing both techniques, you'll easily see which one is faster more consistent.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

so the fight is over what is faster to enter a drift....

twin turbo your car.....or just clutch kick....if anything, it is easiet to get the rear out and even noobs can kick the clutch if they have license for a manual car...no rocket science to put ur foot down, gain power to the rear to loose grip....
    dose

Name
    Simon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

no fight, just a discussion.

the idea with a clutch kick is that it needs to be done when the car is un settled... as in a feint as such. Clutch kicking in a straight line or even while turning a little bit will get you no where in an underpowered car.

i could say more words... but i will let this video do the talking.

Name
    Dave
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

even though im still learning, i use clutch kick, only cause my handbrake doesnt work

Name
    Mat
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Not for a stock ke. if u clutch kick the revs bog down and it understeers, if ur lucky the inside wheel spins hell dirty. but we're not talking about stock ke's anyway this is just my experience.
    if u cant find it grind it

Senior Member Hen may possibly be a nut's Avatar
    Name
    Hen
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

True.

Name
    Blair
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

as said a million times above me, this is probably the best way to learn and actually initiate. relying on handbrake for entries really isnt the best approach (specific, unusual corners not included... archy turn 4 anyone?)

Name
    Simon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

thats because driving up to a corner, turning in and clutch kicking it isnt going to work in this instance. what works is getting some speed up and feinting it, unloading the susp, then flick it bakc and into the corner with a massive amount of clutch kicking at the same time.... and it has to be timed right so when the susp is loaded up on the opposite side then the kick will acctually do something cause the rear of the car is unsettled from the speed and weight shift.

its kinda hard to explain. but yes thats how you can drift stock underpowered open diff cars.

no one said you can hold a huge slide with them, but you can still go in hot and get a decent entry.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast