Thread: What size slicks/rims?

What sizes should I be looking for in rims/tyres for some slicks for the drags? The car is a SR20 KE70 and will have around 220kw.
    Can anyone recommend a good place to pick up some 2nd hand ones?

gunbz-r

i'd gor for a set of 24x8 or 26x8 on a 15" rim, just make sure u got the balls to let the fucker go the high side of 4 grand other wise it will bog down. failing that a set of semi slicks (azenis) or bf drag radials workwell

Bad Email Address

i heard you need a special kind of diff to run slicks? is this true? or does it not matter with drag racing

And those sizes should fit under my guards ok? My rears have been rolled and I'm using a Hilux rear end which gives about 10mm more track each side if that will affect anything?
    Any recommendations as to where to buy from Brissy?

gunbz-r

might be tight though some standard suspension in the back(standard hieght) should get away with it. if not go for street/semi slicks, hard to find drag slicks in anythin smaller than a 15"id. mate find a stockist of slicks and see whats gonna fit, thats the only safe way of doin it,

and as for needin a special diff, nah just somethin strong enough to handle the power and traction.

Yeh I was thinking of getting some semi's but last time I ran with them I still wasn't getting the best traction (400hp 180) so that's why I'm looking for slicks. I wasn't really looking at anything under a 15" rim/tyre so hopefully I can find some cheap enough