Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Really technical question for trueno owners.

Thumbs up

ok so i have a really specific question. well, i noticed while watching initial D, that when takumi turns the trueno's lights off, they retract instantly, and when he ignites them, they delay atleast one second. well my hachi is just the opposite, opening instantly and to the same speed you turn the dial (yes, if you turn the dial slow they open at a slower pace, jap engineering :2thumbs: ) yet, when turned off they take a while before the relay recognizes the lights off. usually the time is 1.7 - 2.1 seconds. so im unsure if what they portray in initial D is just for effects of the anime or if in reality jdm hachis retract/open headlights at inverted intervals to that of usdm hachis.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'm also going to guess your's can't drive on three wheels over 1 foot deep gutters either?
    It's a show, don't take everything on it as gospel

Name
    Dwayne
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

lol true. i think that whoever made the show must've done some pretty in-depth research so you never know, little things like that may be accurate.

even better, watch the live action movie and see if you can work it out from there. at least that's definitely a real trueno, so it should work like one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (intense @ Nov 6 2007, 02:57 AM) </div>yes ive been wondering that as well! that and the fact that for some reason mine cant surpass a r32 gt-r's performance. ive been meaning to take it to a mechanic to check if the initial d factor is not working or something/joke
    lol good point. and now i feel like a noob. heh.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blood Child @ Nov 6 2007, 03:03 AM) </div>i own the live action movie. for some reason they NEVER turn the lights off. EVER. they only turn them on once, and sadly enough the trueno is facing the opposite way and with the engine on, its hard to listen to mechanical whirring of the head light setup. ill do more thourough research on it though, so thanks for the pointer. (y)

Oldschool Member

in the live action movie they were probably not using a jdm trueno, since it's a hong kong film. not sure if it was made in japan or HK but notice on the back of the trueno on the tail lights in the movie, it says 'sprinter' like on the australian sprinters

Name
    Clinton
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yeah i notcied that too and wonder why they were like that. on forza 2 and also GT4 its like that too???

FTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by svenmate View Post
    I love how all the SA boys get on board
    Quote Originally Posted by Konakid View Post
    im driving out there with new hydro setup
    Quote Originally Posted by myke90 View Post
    haha i have the exact same picture from when i got my sportmaxx lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    whats with the drift rings? i know they are just a novelty but do they represent or signify anything?

Oldschool Member
    Name
    Justin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (freeman @ Nov 6 2007, 04:41 AM) </div>ADM tail lights are zenki trueno lights,so it makes sense that they'd be the same... the car featured in intial D is supposed to be a zenki GT Apex after all...

Justin...

Name
    Daniel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (freeman @ Nov 6 2007, 04:41 AM) </div>lol cause even jap secretly think aus spec is the best!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UNDRGRND D0GF1GHT3R @ Nov 6 2007, 03:13 AM) </div>LOL at the accuracy here :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

lol this thread couldv easily turned to flame central. i like that u noticed little shit like that... is good. i wish a trueno owner could answer ur question tho
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast