State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

anywho bit of an update.

got some parts from ireland.

new adj panhard

and new kouki parkers.
    also picked up a pair of jic gold coilovers for the front. got them really really cheap with hubs. so i threw them in today and they are super super low. i just set it to medium height to see where they would sit and the stock guards are way down past the tread, lucky i wound as much camber as possible into it.

as you can see i literally can not even put a credit card between tyre and guard

i'l leave it like this for now until i trim the rear guards so i can go a bit lower and then raise the front to make it sit flat.

also while i was at it i decided to put in my wilwood front brakes.... no go. i need to scallop the stock caliper mounts so the new mounts can bolt in. only need to cut out about 4mm and there is about 8mm of metal there so should be sweet. never heard of anyone having problems fitting these up before tho which is kinda weird.
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

also looking into fixing a binding issue i used to have on full lock.(it felt like the wheel would stick at full lock and i would have to reef it to pull it back) i have since installed 30mm cusco rca's but would also like some more lock.

currently running quaiffe quick rack with ps arms. anyone have more info on where i can get good aftermarket/modified steering arms and tie rods? or where there are write ups on different arms showing the lock you can get from them?

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

no offence man, but i think the car would look and handle better if the offset was about 25mm closer to centre on those rears. theres a point when enough is enough and i think youve past it.

otherwise the car is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yes I also agree. And if someone were to buy my xr4's I would buy meisters and they come in a 10 neg25 which would be perfect. I'v never really been a fan of longchamps but I couldn't say no to the price I got the rears for so just doing my best to make them fit.

Name
    Jake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Delicious, Ill have two more servings please!

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

im thinking i either need to lose 20mm offset from the rear or cut the flair. as it is very hard to find wheels of this size i am thinking the latter.

so here it is should i cut along this taped off line so there is no more lip on the flair so i can go lower. i think it may look better as the angle running off the flair will continue along the stretch of the tyre...

thoughts?

Name
    Blair
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Cutting it will make the poke look even more ridiculous, but hey it's your only option if you don't want the car 4 x 4 height lol.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

im not sure if it will look even wider. im only cutting the vertical bit which doesnt effect the width... why the fuck did the bloke who owned this before me put flairs on it... way prefer metal. in too deep to change it all back tho

Name
    Blair
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

it will look worse because you wont be able to go lower. Like there will be a gap, but at least it will function

sure you might be able to for photos in your garage, but the first time you do some hard driving you are going to obliterate a) the guards b) the tyres or c) both.

My scrubbing is ok, because its half way down the sidewall and almost the exact same curve inside the guard as the tyre's pull;

Scrubbing with the very lip of the guard on the sidewall/tread leads to bad shit man specially with fibreglass lol

Name
    Blair
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

oh p.s. don't mean to be negative... just would hate for you to take a shiny mint car out on the track and then RAPE it on the first corner lol.

thought about shortening diff and axles?? been done ALOT

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast