Thread: Busted bleeder valve nut

Smile

Hey guys, have been putting my new JDM ae86 brake setup into my ke70 and all was going well until i went to bleed the brakes. Tried undoing the bleeder valve on one of the calipers, it was pretty tight, then it just snapped off, leaving the thread still in the caliper (where it screws in). Tried WD40 on the next one, but this seemed to soften it more and it snapped too :rant: Im guessing they'd been sitting around in japan for a while and siezed or something....So, im now stuck with a brake system full of air that i cant bleed from the front. So, what im after are either some othe options to bleed it (can i do it from the rear? - t-18 rear end), or an option to get whats left of the thread out of the calipers (drill out until most the thread is gone????). Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

24 yr old Two door 86

easi-outs are your friend...i have some if you want a loan..................
    i'm in Br insane

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>Thanks for the offer 2 door, but im in adelaide so that probably wouldn't work :2thumbs: Am having a look around to see what i can find locally and might buy some. I hadnt heard of them before, but from what i can see do they basically work like a drill bit in reverse or something? (ie latches on to the inside of the bolt, threads it, thus allowing you to unscrew???

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

indeed, otherwise just drill it out, get a sleave or tap it and use a bigger nipple.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

picked up a pack of "ezy outs" from the local parts shop. Managed to get the passenger side one out with them as i hadnt drilled that yet. Just enlarged the centre of the nipple a bit and it picked up the thread on the inside and out she came :greenbounce: the one i'd had a shot at yesterday with the drill was different story though - had drilled out too much, so couldnt get a tight fit for the "ezy out" (any size), so ended up just drilling that one out (took quite a while.....). So ive got one good caliper i can put a new nipple/valve back in, and another one that i'll have to rethread or something (like you suggested driftke) and use a larger nipple/valve as its bigger than the original sizing now. Will hopefully get it sorted out and get it on the road to try them soon! thanks for your input guys! :2thumbs: