Thread: I'm going to start some performance work on my 4ac...... help!?

Name
    Matt
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

Howdy!

At the moment i have my ae86 sitting on the front lawn with a standard 4ac in it with a busted head... either cracked/warped or blown head gasket, as there is steam coming out of the exhuast, it misses and when i crank it with no plugs it shoots water out the holes.. hahaha

Luckily for me, when i bought the car it came with another head that had been rebuilt, port n polished, fitted with dual valve springs and had the compression raised. It also has a custom ground cam in it too(im going to find out what the specs are soon). I also received manifold with two fully rebuilt weber carbs on it. I am unsure of what the carbs are though.. is there any markings on them that i can use to determine what they are?

So the plan is.. remove everything from the top down to the block. Then start putting on the new stuff. What do you guys recommend i do while i have all these items off? Any other supporting modifications that i should do(going to get extractors made up)?

Also in regards to the massive amount of vacuum lines n random rubber hoses all over the standard carb.... i really cant see that many places to plug stuff in for the new ones... anyone know what these are for? can i just ignore them?!

and it then comes down to... what do i need to do to fit these items? Obviously new head bolts... new gasket.. what else?

Thanks all!

p.s. can't wait to get it all together.. tuned then start sliding!(hopefully.. if it makes enough power.. ahhhahaha)

Name
    Benn
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

if the head/headgasket is that badly damaged, id make sure the block is still square, use a stright edge along the block deck at different places and make sure there are no gaps and yes, definatly new head bolts and gaskets

most of the million vacuum lines going everywhere are for emissions/carb, which will go by-by when you fit the webbers

and the exhaust system might need some attention to keep up with you new intake and head.

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

try google 4ac driving club or something.. there was a post a couple of months back.. and no it not a joke.. try it youll be surprised.
    Originally Posted by cicca_294
    my dads mate is getting one, in white, aus delivered.
    his mate has an imported on in white,
    and their mate has a blood red one with a 25k new exhaust system...

i wish i had enough money for a freaking corolla