Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LAKESIDE RE-OPENING SOON

Thumbs down

if any u qld ppl read the news paper it says the owners of QR have signed the papers with pine riwers shire for a 30yr contract...also said 1.2 mil will be spent bringing the track back up to standards and opening date will be around june 08....good news for us northsiders to lazy to drive to QR cause its too fucking far cheers rich

Name
    Sameul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Good stuff

Its about time!

I used to go to Highschool at Dakabin (just over the road from Lakeside)

On a friday arvo we used to be able to hear the V8 Supercars warming up

This was back in like 1996 or 1997 before it got shut down

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I remember hearing about this at least six months ago... It's good news, but I don't know the layout of the track. Is it any good for the dorifito?
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Name
    Sameul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Does nobody just circuit race anymore?

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

shit, who cares if its a bad track for drift. Any sort of motorsport complex opening (or re-opening in this case) is good news.

I wondor how much it would be to hire it out?

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>Racer checking in

I was going to post this up in a seperate topic last week, but it slipped my mind. I guess here is as appropriate place as any now it has been raised.

I received this email through the Westfield Club of Queensland last week:

John Tetley from Qld Raceway is trying to resurrect Lakeside at as low a cost as possible which ultimately benefits future users like us.

He will be organizing working Bs to clean the place up and is looking for electricians, carpenters, glaziers and just plain old labourers like me who can paint and remove rubbish etc.

I imagine it would be good if we can get people along with mobile generators, power tools etc, utes/trucks to cart to the dump.

Send your name and email address to QR (qraceway@bigpond.net.au) so John can contact you next month when he has worked out a bit of a roster and organised stuff.

hi everyone,

Firstly, thank you all for registering and/or offering to help us in some way to get Lakeside up and running again. The size of the job in front of us should not be underestimated and it will take many hands just to get the place cleaned up ready to start putting things back together again.

At this time it wouldn't be fair to ask anyone to start work out there because we have no working toilets, no drinking water and nowhere to sit and eat lunch or relax for a minute. Power is either disconnected or dangerous so we can't even boil a kettle! The other issue right now is lack of equipment so I am going round the auctions looking for materials and machinery; there is probably no worse time of the year to be looking for that sort of stuff.

The vandals and neglect of Lakeside is very heartbreaking but it will come good again.

I am working on getting all of this together by 2nd week January so I'll be back in touch then but if you know where the pipes are etc I would appreciate a call. Our first major job will be to get the tower cleaned out, reglazed and ready for use as the works office. Temporarily we are making the old blue corporate facility usable as an office so that will be the initial centre of operations.

In the meantime we wish you and yours the best of Christmas cheer and look forward to seeing you in 2008.

Thanks again,

jt

Soooo, if you want to volunteer and make a difference to circuit racers like ourselves, get yourself on this register. I'm all up for some cheaper track time, whether it be grip or drift, and who knows what sort of contacts you can make out of it. I've found out heaps of stuff for the clubbie and keto before by talking to the dudes who turn up to this sort of things so do your self a favour, break a sweat and get out there!!

(y)
    APEX ENGINEERING AND DESIGN
    Velocity and Directional Optimisation
    Check it HERE!

The Mad Scientist

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Registered. Nick, I'm happy that Lakeside is up and running, but any track that can double as a good grip track and a good drift track is doubly as useful. Fast corners are still fun. (y)
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Name
    Sameul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate drift

But I get sick of every time a new track is opened, all anyone cares about is the drift

Lakeside has a huge racing heritage, and I think for it to be used (abused) with a major emphasis on drift will

A. Get it shut down due to noise (again)
    B. Be a waste of a historic track.

While I understand that to cater for "the market" they might have to open it up to drift, I think that the people who remember what it once was, it should try and stay the same way.

Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i'll hopefully be giving drift, grip and hill climb a go when my beast is up and going

it's a shame the rest of garage shanty and i don't live closer! one is a plumber, one is a sparkie, one is a tyler, one is a chippie... and i do computers hahaha
    -=Back by popular demand=-

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast