Thread: Microtech vs. AE101 4AGZE Igniter

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys,

Getting a pretty good handle on the wiring for my engine, but I'm a bit confused as to how I wire up the igniter to suit my Microtech LT10S. The Microtech has one wire named "Igniter", but that's about it. These are my presumptions about the igniter.

The igniter chassis is a ground.
    One set of 2 wires from the module has a 2-pin connector, one which is +12V and the other goes to the ignition circuit.
    One set of 5 wires from the module has a 6-pin connector, with one trigger for coilpack 1 (cylinders 1 & 4), one trigger for coilpack 2 (cylinders 2 &3), one input for forementioned "Igniter" wire from the Microtech, one for tacho, and the other for something I don't know about.
    2-wire set has two different coloured wires, one is blue, one is black.
    5-wire set has five different coloured wires, one is black, one is white, one is yellow, one is pink (might be red) and one is orange (may be brown?).
    There doesn't appear to be any stripes on any of the wires.

So basically I need to know what wires go from the igniter to where, with what colour or pin number they are. Here are pictures on how you should refer to pins of the igniter.

Thanks guys, have looked but can't find anything anywhere on what pins from the igniter go where...
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Name
    Anthony
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Few problems with your presumptions. If you've already turned the key on - the igniter is probably dead

Dont worry, you cant use this igniter with your lt10 anyway.

FWIW, the 2 pin plug, blue and black are the coill outputs so you really shouldnt put 12V in here without a load on the other side of it (like a coil ) The 6 pin plug has, ignition trigger, ignition channel select, +12V ign, ignition confirmation and tacho drive.

The 4AGZE igniter is an intelligent, addressing type igniter and hence incompatible with most aftermarket management. You'll have to get a 2 channel "dumb" igniter (I have these) for the system to work. I assume your LT10S has been setup for multicoil already (it should have 2 ignition outputs enabled plus tacho). If not - you may have to send it to microtech for "reconfiguring".

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony @ Dec 22 2007, 05:02 PM) </div>Haven't turned it on yet, haven't even mounted the igniter... Asking here before I went ahead with anything, heh.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony @ Dec 22 2007, 05:02 PM) </div>Excellent, won't bother asking what's what because of...
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony @ Dec 22 2007, 05:02 PM) </div>Taking a stab in the dark but I'm guessing it's the 7M-GTE igniter's that I'm looking for? My assumption is that one of the aux outputs is actually an igniter output. I did order this from a Microtech distributor brand new and asked it to be set up to suit a 4AGZE so yeah, good chance it is setup for multicoil.

*sighs* Looks like I have to buy an igniter now. Totally wasn't worth doing this project.
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Name
    Anthony
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

7mgte is same problem, only 3 channel so no good there either.

You can use any 2,3,4,6 channel dumb igniter (ca16de, ca18de, sr20det, rb20det etc etc), an aftermarket igniter (ems 2 channel the ones I stock, about $70) or even a pair of single channel igniters off a magna or toyota or anything really if you want save money.