Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: opinions on continuation

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

if you break something, usually means it wasnt fitted properly, was too weak of a part and needs up grading, ot was a dodgey 2nd hand part that wasnt rebuilt upon fitment.

Ive been sliding my car and driving it hard for a fairly long time, the only thing that has gone wrong with it is the fly wheel bolts have come loose. Sure its a bit of time and effort, not to mention money, but there is a point they get to where they dont break.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

gunbz-r

i understand that dude, but when money is tight u gotta make do with what u have

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (driftke70 @ Dec 28 2007, 05:20 PM) </div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gunbz-r @ Dec 28 2007, 05:37 PM) </div>im prolly gonna get flamed for this, but i reckon that there is no excuse for installing dodgy parts that are gonna break. sure stuff breaks on these older cars. but using "money is tight" isnt really a good excuse. you just gota wait till next pay check to do it properly, then do it now and let it break next week.

dont worry dude im on about 120$/week for 9months of the year (joys of full time uni) so i know its hard
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

what he said^^^

3 years in to a build and i still have 2 cars that arnet finished. just make sure you still have cash flow thats all you need. time helps too haha
    85' JDM TA63 GTTR sedan - Godlike
    89' JDM GZ20 Soarer - 1jz + R154 bus

Quote Originally Posted by joeschmo_57 View Post
    I tried to sell my virginity yesterday in a pub. Shame it was second hand anyway

gunbz-r

no but when not havin a job cause the car isnt runnin, u do ur best to get it goin. im not proud of havin to use cheaper parts but fuck when ur in a spot ur in a spot, simple as that, if i had the time to take a step back and start again i would but i dont.

Name
    Brad
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

you should not be having problems with welded T series with a 20 valve.

go to pick and payless, get another centre $120, take it to a diff shop and get them to weld it and set the backlash $50. and thats it. you will be set.

as far as i am aware josh young has been punishing his T series for years now power ranging from 120rwkw to 200rwkw.

a T series is not as strong as an F or G series. but if you treat them right they will last!

Name
    Matt
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

man u only just got this car..

your not the first person to break a centre, or have wiring issues.

like one of the other guys said, get your spanners out and MAN THE FUCK UP CUNT

cars break its a fact of life. when your modding a car and driving it hard, things fuck up even more.

Name
    Nigel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

When you are running cheap parts and the car is a daily, you should make
    allowances for this and probably drive with a bit of mechanical sympathy.

Get a daily, and make it something you won't have to spend a cent on.

I wouldn't bother with the commi diff thing, spend the money once & spend wisely -

Save for a hilux if your power level/driving style warrants the outlay.

dump it in the shed and get a skyline r31 :2thumbs: ,dont get me wrong but there cheap to get a good one and parts are cheap and the truth is that i think they drive better i got one 2 months ago and i havent looked back as yet but my driving is full on and it handles what i throw at it sucks petrol might be my driving though , but i did avance it so bad luck for me ,gives it more spin when take off .but you do like sprinters as i do you can put it away go back to it later but for me it might never happen as the 31 drives hard beats the 4ac and it was a good change from the sprinter . :blink:

acidreign

ya cant exactly compare an RB to a 4AC now... C'mon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast