Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: takumi tax my ass

gunbz-r

well, for 2 weeks i have been searchin for a cheap daily, u know 3months rego under 1g deal, problem is it doesnt exist, so the nice little surprise of tak tax, doesnt just apply to e7 or 86's anymore

i looked at near on 15 cars today, and not one is worth what they are askin, things like vls with 1 month reg and blown headgaskets for 1200, or rusted out ke55's with no rego for 1500, where are all the 1000 vn's that used to get around, its all bullshit i tell ya

seriously a year ago i could of bought anything from an ae92 auto hatch with 6 months rego to a vl with 10months for under 1000, ow if a car has more than 6 months they want 2g's+, d**kin dreamers imagin what a world it would be with out em

Dude i'm the other way around. Six months ago i tried to sell my AE95 4wd Wagon for $1000. No takers except one guy that tried to tell me that it had a miss which was really just the valves opening and closing. Got pissed off with the whole ordeal and put in on the road for under $300. It's the sweetest daily ever for that price.

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

need to look harder mate!!

but you will not be able to buy a regoed car, or get a car rego'd for under 1000$, unless you can get a fudged rwc or have a a parts car of the same one already in your backyard. or know ppl with parts coming out their ears.

i thought i could beat the system, i got my ke70 for 400$, and thought id get it all done cheap. turned out i needed to replace a bunch of stuff, and even doing all the work myself i didnt get much change out of 1200$ total for the purchase of the vehicle, a genuine rwc and rego/insurance etc.

bottom line

cars are expensive!

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

gunbz-r

yeah cars are expensive, but there actually isnt much around, well not in sydney anyway, all the good ones ill have to go for a 4 hour drive both ways, bit much for a 1g car, ahwell somethin will show up but i need it now

Name
    Nathan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

its true i think people are trying to flog of 4 cylinder cars for morethan there worth cause of high petrol prices the guys down the road from me are selling a 93 ford laser for $3000

gunbz-r

thats what i mean man, how can they justify that

Name
    Owen
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Pfft, keep looking.

I recently bought a Fiat 126 as a project, (cost $800 in excellent nick, bit of rego left), which would make an awesome daily if I so desired to use it as such. 650cc 2cyl RWD fuel economy FTW!

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

here ya go mate!

even comes with an RWC!

go and pick it up today!
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Name
    Sameul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Friends don't let friends buy Holdens...

gunbz-r

i want somethin to drive not to fix, if that was the case i wouldn't have an issue with the sprinter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast