Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Modifications/Engeneering

Bad Email Address

I wasnt sure if there was a thread on plain out 4AGE mods and if they can b engineered so hope i dosnt clash with any other threads

how hard is it to get a turbo 4AGE engineered?
    I have a AE92 hi comp block (oil Squirters) am soon aquiring a forged steel crank, have the titanium rods, havent yet bought the pistons but theyll be low compression forged somethings (Any ideas would b nice) im thinking maybe 270* to 288* cams (am still inquiring) a nice hign sitting turbo with mandrel bend everything , and of course the manditory smallpost head clean up/ port with stainless steel valves, Twin walve springs and at the very least a 3 angled valve seat job.
    Although i havent decieded if i should use a modified ae92 plenium chamber or try using the 20v quad throttly body intake ... i mean the quad throttle bodies would b preety cool and the added fuel i could pump in with that turbo punching in all that air is going to give me a shitload of hp =)
    only thing i havent started to look into is the computer thats guunna run the show... theres just too many around
    How am i looking so far on getting this engineered in my car?
    Any help would b great

Cheers Rob

1 - It helps to add your state, laws vary.
    2 - Generally, aftermarket computers are non-engineerable (you cannot prove the engine meets emission standards).
    3 - Speak to an engineer to get a proper opinion. In Vic you can get a list of them from Vicroads.
    4 - I think the short answer will be no. Long answer will be a yes if you have deep pockets and REALLY want to.

Hen

Name
    ADAM
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

tottaly depends on state, you might not be able to get it enginered with the turbo on a n/a motor as this also changes the emmisions and therefore they wont engineer it. best off talking to the pros about this, call your traffic authoritys like rta or whatever your state is and they will be able to point you in the right direction

Bad Email Address

Sorry in NSW ... (The cant do nething fun state)

Bad Email Address

Hows the NSW laws on 4AGZE in sprinters?
    I called up the RTA... there a very angry bunch of people

Bad Email Address

What Kind of cams are people running for road/drift cars? is it better to have a hi-comp n/a engine for drift or supercharged 4AGE?

Bad Email Address

What Kind of cams are people running for road/drift cars? is it better to have a hi-comp n/a engine for drift or supercharged 4AGE?

Bass man, so far you've asked 4 different, very general questions in this thread. And the answers to each of them is long and subjective. I'd suggest thinking about what you want to do with your car, then doing some research on how to get it to a state where you can happily do that. The members ride section gives you a good idea what other people have done.

And after a whole lot of reading and talking to people, if you still have any specific questions that you can't find answers for then fire away and I'm sure people here will be happy to help.

At the current rate I'll very soon be sweeping your questions under the "vague and unresearched rug" and ignoring your posts.

Hen

Bad Email Address

Yeah im sorry to ask the vague questions ive dont the reasearch but i wanted to know the peoples point of view on this forum... and like i said in my first post im sure that there are clashes with other posts but ive been on here for 1 day and have been reading everything on this site 4 the whole 9 hours ive been at work but im sure its going to take me much more time to read the several years of posts... so im sorry for the q's just xcited i quess

gunbz-r

as uve said in nsw u cant do anythin, but there is always a way to get a car engineered just depends how legal u want it to be, as hen said, take a step back, and think about what ya wanna do with the car. if u want to start doin anythin with it such as drifting, racing or whatever, ask yourself if u have the funding and the time to do it, if its ur daily think very carefully about how far u want to go.

but relax, take ur time to learn what u have to, and do it right the first time, unlike me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast