Thread: Selling cars to @$&holes

Name
    gay
    State
    n1gger land
    Country
    south korea seoul

that can work well when selling.
    i wont explain the deeper stratergy behind this.
    lol at white people in japan. just lol.

Veteran
    Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I have sold quite a few cars haha and I am always very honest when advertising my cars and provide as much info as possible as it only helps me sell the car really.

People writing that their car is 'mint' for it to only be full of rust and less straight than elton john only affects the sale negatively for them.

Never really had any problems selling any of my cars, have sold all of them pretty simply.

I sold my old KE70 I had a few years ago to a 16 yo guy and he was okay during the purchase, although he did end up writing that off within a few months lol

When I sold my old yellow 3TC KE30 late last year it had something wack in the rear end which I hadn't had time to check out but suspected to be axles (I had spares anyway, as the 3T had massive torque and split axles lulz).

The interested parties came from way down south (about 1 1/2 hours away), had a look at and were pleased, a deal was made and they wanted to drive it home. I explained to them that the car vibrates pretty badly over 35km/h and I myself wouldnt be keen on driving such a car over an hour and a half drive in the condition it was, I even took them for a drive to demonstrate how the car behaved. I was quite willing to have a look at it the following day and fix whatever was needed, but they insisted on driving it home slowly.

Now I will mention that the whole time one of the friends (a young guy about 17 years old), was telling me how he has had a few "fully sik ke70's he had bought for $200, locked the diff, cut the springs and drifted yo". I was getting pretty sick of his multiple dodgy tales of thrashing POS cars. From what I can remember he drove the car home.

I got a phonecall the next day telling me that on the way home on some freeway down south, whilst driving one rear wheel had fallen off and the wheel bearings/axles/complete diff were now 100% broken. that weekend I gave them some spare axles and told them to give a mate a call as he had a cheap diff for sale. afaik he never heard from them, and fuck knows how this dickhead drove it home given his record

a few months ago the young guy friend was on a forum saying something about thrashing his old KE70 while on defect. I made a comment about how "fully sick" he must feel now, and he then threatened me on how I could've had a very expensive courtcase on my hands due to the breakages in the car. I just LOL'd

Thats my story

Name
    Dave
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

^^that must have been Jamin lol

heard many stories

Veteran
    Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

lulz good guess Dave

Name
    Iain
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

When I sold the JZA80 I took some very nice photos, did a extremely detailed writeup with the exact history etc and put 1k over the price I wanted
    Had alot of kids emailing me saying can you hold it for a year man, I'll be in the army then with heaps of money etc. A few habibs doing the old "I give you 16k this weekend only cash".
    Didn't bother replying to them all and waited it out.
    Finally got a phone call 2 months later, mature businessman turns up with his kid, took him for a drive, had it checked out by a mechanic, put a deposit down, gave me the asking price the next weekend. First guy to even look at the car.

I think it happens more often then not within the lower end of the market, as the stingy lowballers etc aren't looking for higher end cars. Make your for sale add as detailed as possible so they can't pin you on it later.

Name
    David
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

my uncle and i a few years back went to look at a rx subaru wagon.

he was just interested in a cheap run around.

the door locks were a bit stuffed which was dodgy, but my uncle put a deposit down, and the guy told us to do a REVS check and if it sorted out, come pick it up.

REVS check listed the car as stolen, so my uncle just wanted his deposit back.

anywho, they guy said yeah fine, so my uncle went to Telopea St. bankstown (not the sort of area you want to be going to)

walked into the house, got his deposit and fucked off before the group of guys knifed and beat the shit out of him.

Bad Email Address

you haven't lived until you sold a commodore

back 2004 i was trying my vs commodore i wanted $4400 (average ones were going for $5k-$7k) it was a good price the only thing wrong with it was the auto gearbox was on its way out which i made obvious in the add and on a window next to the price, all the panels were straight, paint was mint, interior mint.

i must have got 30 or so guys rock up ask why it was so cheap so i said the box was fuked a replacement box was $1k plus labour, so without fail they'd all offer me $4k if i'd fixed the car, they'd argue for ages till i hung up. i'd young guys rock up in there mate commodores all dumped with cut springs on the bumper stops argue with me saying there POS vp or vk or vl was worth more or there was on old guy with the same model with half the k's on the odometer and he was asking $5k but it was much nicer or there was a vt for cheaper so i'd asked really where and they'd argue about something else

after 3 months of argueing with retards i'd had enough i was about to give the car to my olds for free, this guy calls and tells me he'll give $3700 i said $4400 and the gearbox was fucked he says ok and can i bring the car over to his place tomorrow, so i rocked up at 10am thursday to his place, the guy is sitting on a bench in the front yard and is so stoned and pissed completely out of it, he even can't stand up he tried shake my hand and was all over the place, i couldn't understand anything he was saying, so he had his missus translate she was 10-15 yrs older than him and there was 5 of her kids running around each one of was of different colour in between translating she would swear at them

he pulls out the cash and this piece of paper and scribbles randomly all over it
    she says something about a reciept or proof of purchase i look at the paper it doesn't look like anything so i write my name and sign it, i ask him if he wants me to drive him around the block she says he can't get up, and as long as there isn't anything wrong with the car they were happy, so i tried to tell them for price its as is and there the gearbox was fucked, so she said there shouldn't be, i looked at them like its a bit fuken late now so grab the money and slowly walk away and they just sat there blankly expecting me to answer

Fuck, just remembered. I sold my boonger KE70 a while back to some stupid wogs. They didn't change the rego over. After about 3 months, they blew it up on Anzac Highway. I got in a fair lot of shit from the police as they didn't believe that I had sold it. A few abusive calls from me old man sorted the whole thing out. Luckily I kept all the details of the guy that paid for that car.

So yeah, good tip to car sellers. Keep the new owner's details just incase something ever does come up
    Traction and me, were not meant to be...

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Whenever I have sold a car I give a copy of new owners details to motor reg, they will take them and keep them on file as proof that you did sell it when you said you did.

I sold a car once, give motor reg the new owners details that day, about 5 weeks later, speeding fine in mail, go to motor reg, they helped to sort it all out as they had proof I did not own the car..........what's with fucktards not changing into their own name....fuckers!!
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

don't you guys have to hand in a notice of disposal/transfer slip or something?? I mean when you sell the car and sign the transfer papers theres usually two bits and you hand in your half to say you have disposed of it.
    Launceston = Home of the surprise sodomist!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast