Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have Comprehensive Insurance with Shannon's?

Scammer, DO NOT BUY FROM ME!
    Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Anyone have Comprehensive Insurance with Shannon's?

What Premiums/Excess do you guys have?

Anything bad you may have heard/experienced with them?

Any info would be appreciated thanks.

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I have had insurance with them for many many years now, I cannot say what they are like if you make a claim, as I haven't need to make one. As I'm much older than 25, my excess is quite small, also I'm on top rating, I have two cars and a bike comprehensively insured with them.
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Jason
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Yep - two cars and house/tools. Have been great to deal with generally but have never had to make a claim.
    "go forth young man, and if it has more..... pull fifth"

Scammer, DO NOT BUY FROM ME!
    Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yea they seem to be pretty good to deal with.

I've got a $1200 Premium and $500 Excess

I wonder how they are claimwise.

Name
    Danzo
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

haha once when I was younger I went into the shannons office on brighton road in Adelaide about insurance for an FC i was looking at buying... I go in, start talking to a dude about getting insurance, it went a little like this:
    me: hi im looking at getting comprehensive insurance on an rx7
    him: how old are you"
    me:18
    him: is it an import?
    me: yes
    him: is it turbo?
    me: yes
    the dude puts his hands on the back of his head, leans back in his chair and puts his feet on the desk and starts laughing.
    DTF - Danzo Technical Factory

Name
    Lawrence
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Shannon's as a "general" rule don't insure under 25's, they will however do so if you talk to them for a while on the phone so they can ascertain you are a "genuine car enthusiast".

I got quoted $1400 for $4200 agreed value with 4AGE conversion and all other mods documented in an 84 AE71. That was also based around having made 1 claim in the past 2 years. With no claims it would have been $1100. I thought it was pretty reasonable, considering Just Car wanted $2500 for the same thing. Seems beyond a joke to pay more than half the car's insured value per year.

Those quotes were for full comp, and I'm under 25

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ive got shannons full comprehensive on my trueno. Its insured for $10k, and costs me $1100 a year (im only 18), with an excess of $600. Much cheaper than what many other people including just cars wanted.

However, the reason mine was so cheap, is that im listed as a second driver, with my dad as the main driver. If you still live at home, do the same thing, put one of your parents down as a main driver, and the price drops substantially.

Im only new to this forum dont even own a ae86 anymore have a mx32

but i own a evo 6 that is with shannons comp and im 24 i have not had to make a claim other then a windscreen and they have been the best to deal with

here is what i use to pay with just cars and what i pay now

evo 6 all mods listen this includeds rollcage aftermarket computer and so on so a bit of work

just cars - 1700 a year 2000 excess and then if i changed to that no claim excess thing i got it as low as 1200 but then excess was 4000

shannons im paying well 1200 a year 900 excess but at the momment car is off the road and im paying 40 a month laid up cover or somthing

agreed value of my car is 37000 and once it is back they are happy to make it higher i just need to bring it in

Now being 24 now but 23 when i 1st joined them only reason i got it every car i have owned has been moded 4agze ae86 1jzgte mx83 cressida and now a evo so they see i have a history with modded cars and what sealed the deal i have a cams license and do track days

Name
    Col
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Shannons underwriter is AAI (Australian Alliance Insurance)
    Justcars underwriter is AAMI (Australian Associated Motor Insurers)
    There's a difference.....

Name
    Christian
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I think Floodys hit the nail on the head, at the end of the day most of the big insurance companies are in bed together.

Found this out the hard way about a year ago when i had an accident with my rx7.
    I was driving through a really bad roundabout at night in the rain minding my own business then suddenly some retard in a new statesman decides to do 70 through the roundabout and decides that it would be a good idea to merge lanes into the side of my car.

Heaps of people saw it happen and a guy in an r33 was nice enough to pullover and tell the cops what happened.

So after about two weeks of MY insurance company trying to find reason’s not to cover me when I had a police report which said that the guy who hit me accepted complete responsibility for the crash, they finally accepted that they were going to repair my car.

I could go on for hours about how much of a shit job they were going to do to repair on the car (basically they tried to cut corners at every opportunity they had), they even said that some of the damaged to the car wasn't caused by the crash even though it is a 2003 Rx-7 that had 11000 Kms on it But eventually after about 8 weeks they finally did the job properly.

Now you’d think that in a situation like this where it’s been determined that this accident is 100% not your fault the insurance company would treat you quite well and try to do a good job of the repairs, since it’s the other insurance company that ends up paying, the problem is what happens when all of the major companies are basically the same ???

After the whole fiasco I asked my crash repairer who was the best insurance company to go with, he highly recommended he said RAA, switched over straight away

Sorry about the long post guys but I hope some people will learn something from my experience

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast