Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

hi guys,

just wanted everyones opion on how i should spend my money.

ok so what has happended to me is that over the last year 2007 i was a satisfied owner of a 180 and a resprinter (hence the name) , however my younger bro crashed my red sprinter and i was gutted for a bit.
    my 180 then became my drift car and long sotry short my gf had the car for a day at work and she ended up writing it off

yeah some bad luck i know, mainly my fualt for letting others drive it.
    good news the 180 was insured and now i will be getting a pay out +the wreck which will give me about 16k cash to play with.

for the last month i was sure that i wanted to get back in a sprinter but not only a sprinter but a TRUENO.
    and was sure that was it for me .

however one night talking to a mate i had an offer, i think is too good to refuse. he is willing to sell me his stock rx7 s5 with 100k on the clock for 7k

i was looking at a truneo and test drove it (a member from here) and will be looking a another one that irish man paul has on offer. (apparently this thing is a N/A monster )

so i have been doing some research into the rx7 and relise a rebuild will be needed. (not to concerned, as expected) and will need new suspension and a basic setup.

however the Trueno (both) have a decent setup and the only thing i will do is seam weld the chasis.

what do every one reckon . i like both cars equally. love the sound of both motors and love how both look.

what would you guys do?
    Originally Posted by cicca_294
    my dads mate is getting one, in white, aus delivered.
    his mate has an imported on in white,
    and their mate has a blood red one with a 25k new exhaust system...

i wish i had enough money for a freaking corolla

Name
    Daniel
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Have you been able to give the rx7 a boot full yet taken it for a decent drive? Im asking coz my mate has an fc3s and Im 6 foot 4 and I found it to be really uncomfortable to drive the power is good and they handle well but not nice to drive.

Name
    John
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I've driven my mates FC few years ago , good fun to drive (would of been better if it had lsd) but i found the steering on it abit of a loose feel , which i've read is common on the FCs (correct me if im wrong), the back seats on them things are abit ugly in my opinion lol . Anyways fuel prices are endlessly rising and rotaries are fuel guzzlers, especially modded ones from what i've seen. In the end i've driven alot of cars and in the end the AE86 always puts a smile on my face

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnny_K @ Jan 4 2008, 07:56 PM) </div>yeah i had noticed wen i was looking for my first car i saw an rx7 s5 n/a for 1300 now my friends in that market cheapest i can find is 4k buy now atm bloddy rediculous the 13b turbo'd ones are 6k dammit wth is with this =\ but yeah i dno u might h8 the back but i love s5 rear s4 is decent but looks awesome with s5 taillight conversion i been in my m8s s5 its bloddy fun id say go with whatever u like more but im a trueno owner now and i wouldn't change my mind even if i could go back in time ^^

86-Type R

dude,

go for the trueno!

Veteran
    Name
    Stefan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

reliability and fun go the trueno

you can learn alot from a trueno
    JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET AS F*CK!!! hmmm, when you prenounce it properly, it sounds gay how bout that.

Name
    Art
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

trueno all the way
    VLNY

gunbz-r

yup trueno, or off tits adm, or sr in the rx7

Name
    John
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

whats the difference between adm and tureno? apart from the lights of course. Just pay 7k or so for a 20v adm with sus and lsd, there have been plenty on here

Name
    Andrew
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

they are two different cars,

ADM is shit compared to a fully optioned GT-APEX

i have had both and anyone that has had a good look at my car will agree. plus, 16k will get you an off it's tits JDM...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast