Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AE86 and KE70 Alloy Radiator Group buy

Mods I have sent numerous emails off but had no reply :blink: . I would desperately love to commercially advertise on this site so I can launch a group buy as mentioned in the title.

I currently have off the shelf rads for KE series Corollas right up to the KE70 and would love to get the dimensions for the AE86 to develop one to suit them also.

As with previous group buys within the other forums I sponsor,if I can simply get enough interest for 10 X rads I can get the price of them down to $499 plus shipping. That is for an all alloy 52 mm thick twin core unit with a 2 year warranty to suit any engine.

Pics of the KE rad to suit 1UZ,

Show your interest here and mods please contact me on or via PM as would like to do this without getting off on the wrong foot :2thumbs:

Feel free to check out our site,

Cheers
    Nathan
    Just Alloy Radiators

Name
    Nas
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

whats the benefit of one of these as opposed to a stock one?

Name
    Aaron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Not sure if the stock ones are brass or alloy, but this one would be bigger with a thicker core so it would dissipate heat more easily. Also it's larger so it'll hold a bit more coolant too. It's several times more shiny too, that's always good

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

All old corolla radiators from KE10 to KE70 are copper and are double core I think. But the AE86 has a single core aluminium one with plastic tanks. It is only just good enough for a N/A motor if in good condition. All turbo motors need something bigger.

If you make a AE86 alloy radiator, please make it use the original rubber mounts so it's a true bolt on upgrade with absolutely no other modifications needed. Usualy Australian made parts are not as good in this way. Look on Yahoo Auctions and ebay.com for existing alloy radiators like the Koyo ones. You will sell heaps if you can complete with price and quality.

As for being a forum sponsor... not my call.

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I'll be interested in a twin core for AE86 but the top tank outlet to be on the passenger side. It is for a SR20. Cheers. PM me!

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

pm Nick for commercial stuff

good luck with it all

its a hole in the local market that needs to be filled!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jonny Rochester @ Jan 7 2008, 01:21 AM) </div>Yeah basically Aluminium dissipates heat alot more efficiently. That ontop of the extra thickness of the core and overall extra volume of coolant make these a great little radiator which is happily keeping some very heavily modded 4AGTE's with 200 plus rwkw cooled.

As for the radiator design we can make a complete factory replacement radiator with all the original mounting pins/locators etc but it will push he price up to somthing like 6-700 bucks or we would have to get an upfront order in excess of 30 to kick it off and get the price back down to $499.

We have made a couple of very tricky direct bolt in rads so far but will it bother people all that much if the have to drill through the 40mm mounting wings at the front to mount it? Also what is the total height total width of the stock AE86 radiator? As we may have somthing that will suit off the shelf.

At under 500 for a rad that uses the same core as PWR and with a 2 year warranty we are confident in beng able to provide the best value for money rads around.

I look forward to hearing from mods soon.

cheers
    Nath
    Just Alloy Radiators

Name
    Blair
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

EDIT.
    sorry foul mood is gone now

gl with the business/sales etc.

Name
    zilla
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (winslow @ Jan 7 2008, 11:31 AM) </div>
    Not starting an arguement here, I think these rads would be great value.

Winslow - if you are putting a radiator like this in your car, chances are the car will already have had modifications made which are far more extensive than drilling a few holes. Otherwise why would you do it in the first place?

Drilling holes is nothing, its hardly something you "have to get modified to be able to fit it". Unless you can't do this yourself?

Banned

I'm in....... Will have to talk to you some time about a "special" radiator for my TT v12....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast