Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SON57A @ Jan 25 2008, 10:33 PM) </div>don't need to ..
    engine mounts should line up with crossmember ... may need offset bracket but meh thats easy
    if you move the crossmember then you also move the inner mounts for the lca's etc...bad

Name
    ADAM
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yeh i was thinkin if you moved the crossmember it would fuck up the suspension geometry a fair bit. worked out your suspension at all or just been thinking about engine at the moment?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SON57A @ Jan 25 2008, 10:48 PM) </div>dirty nissan...i think
    may have something different from Toyota though....
    got to get the engine position and mounting finalised then manufacture firewall.strip ,seamweld and reinforce engine bay + paint
    then will seriously look at front suspension
    rear leaf springs are away being reset 2 inches lower,extra leaf fitted and stiffened to about 7kg..
    main issue will prob be the steering rack though as the engine and exhaust will sit very close to the column etc..

Name
    ADAM
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

ah yeh, will be interesting to see it all finished, planning a full roll cage and all that jaz?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SON57A @ Jan 25 2008, 11:07 PM) </div>yep full cage ..no dash etc
    exhaust will be custom extractors into 2 1/2 pipes 2 muffllers under rear floor into twin side pipes on both side a ( V8 supercar styles ).... i want flames
    pedals are floor mount with slaves under the floor (105 series Alfa ) ..there's simply no room to run a standard pedal box setup will not run a brake booster

Name
    ADAM
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

haha flames FTW

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

check Josh's thread on HR.com he briefly goes over what he did to the rack head to combat the clearance issue. if you mount yours further back than he did it might be a BIG issue

what are you doing for extractors?? or are you handy with pipe as well :lol: again there are some good pics in that thread in relation to pipe layout

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gilly @ Jan 25 2008, 11:12 PM) </div>yes i have spoken to Josh
    that is thew main reason the engine will sit further back.Josh said he would move his back further if he was to do it again
    i'll make the extractors for it ,can get the mandrel bends etc.on Josh's car the column goes between the extractor and the block,because this is a pure track car i can run the exhaust where ever ..may yet run it through the inner guard to alleviate any clearance issue
    will cross that bridge when i come to it
    seen all the pics on HR but it's better when you can see the car in the flesh as you get better perspective regarding clearance etc

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hey nfs that pic of that blue ke70 u put up on page 3 looks exactly like mine but without the front mount... where did u get the pic?
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johl @ Jan 25 2008, 11:20 PM) </div>mates shitter that he wants me to help him with

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast