Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ECU issues

Name
    Bert
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

hey guys, ive got myself a Jap Bigport with what i belive is a Jap loom. but i think my ECU is the odd one out, 2 of the 3 plugs go straight but one is a 12pin (in the loom) where as on the ECU it needs a 14 pin..

basically for this ECU pictured below, which plugs are the EFI main and "stop fuse" (or any other ones i need too)

Accordng to pinouts i found on club4ag that's all i really need in the 14pin to run the car.

so if anyone can tell me which colours need to go to appropriate bits of my car it will help me so much, this is litterally the only thing stopping my car from starting up.

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

The 2 white/red wires (+B1 and +B ) can be joined together and be attached to an efi relay/ignition (these trigger the ecu to turn on). The White wire with Blue trace (next to the top white/red wire) is constant battery - Batt(wire it to a constant 12V source).

AFAIK these 3 are needed to run car. You can hook up Fuel Circuit Opening Relay (FCOR) if you wish to give a factory fuel pump trigger, but its not needed.

BTW, it looks like a 14 Pin plug to me, so unless its not fitting somehome check pins are not bent or something....
    1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......

Name
    Bert
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nikkojoe @ Feb 3 2008, 02:19 AM) </div>
    thanks so much, this is the pin that fits, i have a 10 pin which doesnt fit, so that is the problem, i was wondering which wires needed to be connected to which source, and those were the ones i thought i needed to do anyway

cheers, thanks so much.

Name
    Bert
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

hey guys just wondering if i have the wrong ECU for the loom ive got, i notice this is a 14pin plug aswell but this is quite obviously a lot different. i have a Jap Engine and i belive this to be a Jap loom, but i am almost certain this computer is from some australian delivered 4age

i connected B+ and B1+ to power and also the constant 12Volt, but i didnt get any spark from my coil.....

can anyone tell me if i was to just get a Jap ECU would this solve most of my problems.

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Your computer is JDM.

You probably have not given power to the coil (assuming the only physical wiring so far you have done is only just the ecu side, it's not gonna work).

Have you also wired alternator yet?

And are you doing the conversion from 4ac?

Oh and that other 14pin plug, take a pic of the wires coming off it (suspect plug which contains wires to power things).

Name
    Bert
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nikkojoe @ Feb 5 2008, 09:00 PM) </div>i am doing this engine from a GZE conversion, and i assumed it would be easy to get all working, but the guy who had my car before me had the battery wired too the boot, and relays have had thier wires re-routed, and I'm struggling to find where they are actually going, the looms all connected up to the engine and sensors, well 90% of them (all the ones we could do). power is to the points on the circuit board which say they need the power (and also you said need power)

my fuel pump isnt making any noise and my coil is making no spark.

i am going to wire my pump on a seperate circuit anyway but the coil not working is my main concern.

Nikkojoe you've been such a great help if you were in melbourne i would definately be paying you to come around and get this thing working, i am almost at the point of giving up myself and paying someone to do it.

so i guess i am asking to any auto elec's or people in general who know how to get this thing running! since i got a new job, i am more than happy to pay you for your time, this cars been off the road for 10months and i just want it working!

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

You should make a relay (with a fuse of say 30amps) that will operate efi stuff to get the car going. The relay should trigger on ignition and give power to the following:

ECU B+ and B1+
    Fuel pump
    Coil

That's all i can think of atm

As with all wiring I'd recommend starting from the very start. Get a pinout list and wiring diagram and go through every wire. Make sure every sensor/device is wired back to the ECU/whatever else it should be wired to.

It may require stripping off the existing loom, but from my experience it is WELL WORTH doing this and setting up the loom properly. I just spent all weekend doing this on my folks van, and it is now far neater, easier to follow and even has the TPS connected.

Hen

Name
    Anthony
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

All bigport MAP ecu's are 10-18-14 so your ecu isnt odd at all.

the three power wires are the most important as nikko said. try and get the ecu controlling the fuel pump too. Theres a good safety reason behind this. Also you may have better results if you can get a suitable signal into the speed pin. That's a whole new story though

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

As Anthony said, getting the ecu to control fuel pump is a better idea. In the event of an accident, if the engine is damaged (more importantly anything fuel related is leaking) and the engine has stopped, the fuel wont continue to pump to the engine bay. But for trying to get your car running you could just make fuel a constant supply for now (eliminates that problem).

You also need start signal to trigger cold start injector from memory but I'm not sure if thats included in the jdm factory harness plug to the firewall

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast