Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RAZORBACK - AKA. Sam . . . . . . ?

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default RAZORBACK - AKA. Sam . . . . . . ?

Anyone know Sam from Razorback ecu's? or know how to get in contact with him apart from through email on the razorback website...?
    I sent an email regarding the purchase of an ecu a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything back.... Is he even still in business or making the ecu's still as I know his site hasn't been updated in some time.....

any help appreciated..

Cheers
    Niz..
    ------------------>>>Need something welded locally??? Hit me up, I may just be able to help<<<------------------

BENT MECHANIX - Garage 20:

Name
    Nic
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

also wanna knwo this

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I'm in a business partnership with Sam. His mind is currently on other things at the moment (inc no longer living in Brissy, he's moved down the coast) like work and other consulting projects. He might make up some more, but don't count on it. We're working on the next generation Razorback, as well as an updated version of the current one. He'll do warranty claims on the old one still, but no longer producing them for new customers.

Exciting couple of products we've got on the way actually.
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Damn, that sucks quite a lot.......... for me... I was really counting on running one of these with my conversion and I want to purchase it now as its one of the last items on the list that I need......
    Any idea of how far away these updated versions are away?

My main reason for wanting to run it was the stock ecu appearance etc... doh...
    ------------------>>>Need something welded locally??? Hit me up, I may just be able to help<<<------------------

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Stock ECU appearance? Have you turned gay or something dude?

Just get the ecu that does what YOU want, that people can tune, and that is at the right price .. you won't see the damn thing again after you install it anyway, and the cops shouldn't either

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I'd only turn gay for you Seamus, but I know you already have a boyfriend.... lol

Yeah Id love to (and am now seriously considering) running the adapt...
    Its just that I want my car as LEGIT as POSSIBLE, Ive been through way too much bullshit in the past with cops and loosing my license etc, and the new fuckin laws about just make me feel so paranoid.... My mate got pulled up a couple months ago in his 86 minding his own business doing nothing wrong... cop was an ass and fucked him right over, said car had to be put over the pits and what not (20v with adapt) was mod plated for engine also but he ended up de registering it as he was broke as a joke at the time and couldnt afford all the shit dickin about to get the thing passed again its still sittin in his yard de reged. I dont even think it will pass...

So when your like me, who is totally black listed and had way too many bad cop experiences you want to be able to turn around and say look cheif all my shit is legit..
    especially when you have no points on your license and your car stands out....

How hard is it (is it even possible in QLD) to get a car mod plated with an aftermarket ECU?
    Last edited by NIZLAH; 24th April 2009 at 07:08 PM.

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

AFAIK, in QLD (where I am, obviously) you could run any engine management system you wanted, as long as it passes an emissions test.

Can't really put a date on when the new Razorback's will be up, he's still working on a few niggling little things. These are frustrating, and he generally moves on to other projects until he thinks of something to try to solve the problem, lol.

Your best bet would probably be to wait until one comes up for sale second hand, I guess. Hate to turn someone down, but it's really not possible at the moment to make new ones. We've got limited parts, and we're keeping those in reserve for any possible warranty claims.
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeah cheers for the insight Pugzor, I think Ive put the razorback idea behind me now considering all this....

With regards to emissions testing and running A/M management, where (In QLD obviously) is this conducted? how much does it cost and how difficult is it to get a silvertop running to factory spec emissions?
    Also, isn't a requirement of running A/M management to be that the tune has to be locked in and not be altered?

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I don't see why people complain about ecus affecting there cars registration or legality. You put it in the kick panel, they never know..

.. Unless you are stupid and tell them :|

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

There is a little more to it than that....
    If you want to have a car that is completely legit as possible this is a major factor as when engineering an engine conversion the engineer will want to sign off on the fact that it is all stock etc...
    and....
    When a member of the po dawg brigade checks under your bonnet and sees open quads, fancy extractors etc and over all a non stock looking engine/bay he will usually look deeper.... then if they want to be real fuckwits they will send your ass off to the pits (just like my mate) {and the cause for this was the heater hose's from the firewall not being hooked up.... wtf?).......
    this is one thing I don't want to be burdened with......

I want to be able to turn around and go sorry mate, everything in this car is done by the book........ here's the paper work to prove it.... suck my wang... get the picture..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast