Thread: wiring trueno headlight motors

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default wiring trueno headlight motors

done a bit of searching on google, havent come up with anything.

i realise this is probably very simple, but was just wondering what the deal is with wiring the trueno headlight motors? is it a case of running a relay from the headlight power feed leaving constant power to the motor while the lights are on? or is there a signal wire to wind them up or down? i assume the later is the case.

i hear celica motors are the same (st184?), are the plugs the same? i would rather cut a plug off a celica to attatch the the trueno motor than cut the plug of the trueno motor and run straight to the relay.

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

bump on this

i recently cut a ra60 headlight wiring loom out of a ra60 and attempted to put that in. it only had 1 relay. everything wired up and the headlights keep going up and down....

do i need another relay? i think i may have cut the loom too short and missed a relay.

are there any easier options? does anyone know of a loom apart from a genuine trueno loom that is more plug and play?

Quote Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

so the plugs for the motor are the same?
    i had an ST185 GT4 come into work a while ago and the plugs were different.

i put my front end on the other week, just pluged the lights in and re wired the blinker plugs but not the motors. theres a guy with a trueno converted sprinter near me who comes into my work some times, and he had his motors wired up by an electrician. he runs one relay for each motor. ill hunt him down and check it out.

Name
    Scott
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys, none of the plugs are the same, the only Toyota with the same relays to send em up is the MA60 and RA60, when i did mine, we adapted a st185 headlight control box as it did away with a relay, standard set up uses 2 individual relays, one in the cab, one in the engine bay, this way i've only got the one in the cab, as for wiring, your best bet is to look in the AE86 wiring diagram, its what i had to do, and just fuck around with em. you'll figure it out! good luck!

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

i might end up paying an auto electrician if i cant work it out myself. would be $300 max.

yeah ra60 gear hooked up fine but i thought i was missing a relay. when i go back to the wreckers tomorrow ill check out inside the dash or the ra60 i ripped it out of aswell as check out the st1xx celicas and see if i could adapt one of those looms

ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

Name
    Lawrence
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yeah as said, I'd probably go with SA63, RA65 or MA61 wiring for the lights. They use the same control relay as a Trueno.

If you still have your Trueno front end and I still do your engine wiring for you I can probably nut it out do the headlights too.
    Last edited by Golberg; 18th May 2009 at 11:27 PM.

Name
    Scott
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

the RA60 will have at least 2 relays in it. theres a little blue box under the dash, and some black ones in the engine bay. u havea few left over wires when u do the st1xx way lol, but trial and error sorts it out.. lol,

u need 85963

and 85964

one u have those, your set, try and get a bit of loom with them aswell, so u can just make the wires join up, mash them with your current loom, and make magic, have a go your self, its good fun

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

ive got 85964 (the one in the bay) and should pick up 85963 tomorrow. if i fail ill try a st16x loom and if i fail at that ill pay golberg when he comes to redo my engine.

golberg you have pm about my engine

Name
    Scott
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Pretty sure the motors are different dude, they all have different part numbers, the only things that share part numbers are the relays.

Name
    Lawrence
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Just been looking at it, yes there are 2 relays, one inside the cabin, one outside.

I can't see why I wouldn't be able to hook it up for anybody, If anybody wants it done PM me, but you'll have to get in line.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast