Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: track car build. sr hachi roku killer

Bad Email Address

After many months of planning, i have finally purchased a car to start my year's project. it is my first hachi and can't wait to get into it. as some of you may already know, the future plans for the car have been highly controversial, if you want to call it that. i bought the car off a guy from this forum - david - thanks very much mate, you sorted me out an awesome deal and have been really good to deal with (he is currently modifying another hachi at the moment 13bt!)... listed are just a few of the plans that i am looking at sorting out of the coming year... - full six point custom cage... - flared guards (on both sides lol)... - watanabes... - coilovers (already installed)... - full body kit... - bucket seats... - custom interior trims and dash cover... - custom guage setup... - total respray inside and out also underbody and engine bay (unsure of colour probs white??? any ideas???)... - the 'highly contrroversial' rb25det or less wanted sr20det... - extreme detail in regards to underbody and engine bay... - fuel cell... - seams welded and parts strengthened when required... - hydro handbrake... - straight through pipes drift style!... - the list goes on it is too late, just got the car unpacked and have heaps of spare parts i don't need all in good nic such as rear seats, heater box, dash cluster, some wiring???, interior parts, adm doors with no glass and heaps of others so if you want it... you know what to do, i will get it on 'parts for sale' asap. anyway, tell us what you think... and yes, i have researched the rb conversion already so don't bother telling me to modify the trans tunnel and that the motor won't fit... plenty of you have already helped me with any queries and i'm sure there will be many more and thanks for that guys. cheers, jamie

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Congratulations, looks like a good car. Are you planning on doing the rb/sr conversion straight away, or are you gonna do cage and stuff first. This thing should kill with an rb/sr, just make sure to try and retain a good weight distribution, so that you don't end up with a super heavy front end, and light as shit rear end.

Once again, congratulations

Bad Email Address

Thanks mate i am going to do the cage first and also the rest of the car before starting the conversion. i will 'mock up' everything including engine and then pull it all apart to get sprayed and then re-assemble. any ideas on colours, i am thinking just white??? the engine bay will be highly detailed with aftermarket turbo, plenum chamber, front mount, pwr radiator?, samco hoses, detailed motor, all smoothed bay and also extractors. no real other plans for the looks of the bay as yet... but will be nice. thanks, jamie

Name
    Nathan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

panda spec ftw

this car looks pretty good for what u paid man

ill have to come n have a look oneday

looks good, if you wanna go white you might aswell go panda spec.

oh and go with the SR.

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

White would look good with some nice super-dishy wheels. Imo white (not panda) always looks so clean and schmick, and stands out from all of the other pandas. If you go with white or panda it is easy for touch ups, you don't have to worry about the interior as much, and white is shit easy to spray and very forgiving

Name
    Callum
    State
    Queensland
    Country
    Australia

Ok, ive had a 4kc, 4ac, a 20v 4ag and I just put a SR in with a T28 ball bearing setup. It is insane, you really would not need any more power than the SR, and they have a wide range of turbos you can go for , so really i would recommend a CA or an SR. The RB range is really not needed you would not be able to easily get it far enough back in the car, to climate the under steer that the extra weight of those engine would have.

I would say if you want stupid power, put a SR in it, and if you want even more put cams and a big turbo in it.

you dont need a rb25 or rb20, there was one sprinter floating around with an rb25 in it with a big single turbo, the thing had 2 cylinders in the cabin, and it still had massive under steer, if your willing to take the time and make it work go for it, but if you dont wan to have to modify the fire wall so much just go the sr route.

looks kool

Callum

Bad Email Address

much more respect with a sr then a stoopid rb lol.

nice base i thought of getting this.

where do you live?

SR FTW!!!

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

was waiting for the negative RB comments, didnt want to say anything lol

seriously dude, do not kill that car by putting a RB into it they are a fuckin huge engine and the SR will make just as much power anyway with a few small mods
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast