E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I have a RA65 Celica.

I'm well aware. But if you set your camber to where it should be (~-3deg) Running decent wheels it will be sticking out ridiculously, hence needing to run crazy camber for good fitment due to the track increase.

<3
    marvis.
    Last edited by marvis; 30th April 2009 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Bad Email Address

marvis your my hero. your like an encyclopedia

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i ran sigmas for a while, i found the for turn in they were pretty much the same as lower camber, but mid slide you have much more traction, my car never really understeered that bad, if anything it got worse when i made it more positive on the camber tops, which i had to do when i put my 14 x 8 - 16 on the front, mucked around with my guards, put more camber in and bobs your transexual aunty.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hardly anyone on this forum has decent wheels. most people who are considering running a sigma lca will be luck to have a 0 offset wheel.

i can say from direct experience.

i ran 14x6.5 +10ish wheels with sigma lca on my ke. NO guard mods. normal camber setting.

i ran 15x7.5 -5 with sigma arms on my 86 normal flared guard.

its a good set up for a low powered car. its simple suspension tuning fact.

if you have a lot of power, and need more stability, run more rear track. if you want the car to turn in better and be more twitchy, run more front track.
    Last edited by slydar; 30th April 2009 at 02:58 PM.
    78's

E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

How much camber were you running on that 86? Looks like a fair bit? or is it just the slope of the road?

And the stupid thing is.. People throw them in without camber tops so they have the track increase but they can't change the amount of camber it's running, so it's just useless as it's running show camber (Sigmas give you like what Negitive 5 Degress with stock strut tops?). That's what I was trying to get at before.

marvis.
    Last edited by marvis; 30th April 2009 at 03:06 PM.

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

the cars parked on the shoulder. look at the roof it had 3.5 degrees. its the exact same setup in both cars, took it out of one and put in in the other.

when you put sigma arms in, you actually end up with a lot of castor too, the bolt holes for the tension arm is further out, so you have to pull the lca forward to reach.

i dunno, ive run the set up, i find it good. that ke had a stock 4age in it, and it was a fucking weapon. just a lot of fun to drive, heaps of fun to bash around in on the street. did lots of street drifting in that car.. by far one of my favourite cars ive owned.
    78's

Name
    Eddie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

have rona arms in my street car gd3's understeers, havd to go up to -4 degreese in my drift car to overcome understeer so massive camber can only be better!!!

whats the deal with the press in ball joints vs the bolt in ones, why cant i use bolt on ones?? only reason i ask cos theres about 10 siggys at upullit and all ahve bolt in balljoints?? if no good what model did the press in ball joint lcas come in???

can anyone shed light??
    AE86 THE BEST

Name
    steve
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

FAST EDDIE: bolt on sigma arms are 360mm long, which is EPICALLY long for a XE7X and the like.

i run sigma arms for the camber AND the track, not just one of the other. i also have xt130 strust which ad track but reduce camber. and stock struts tops

i think i have around -4 camber. with stock guards and ma61 rims the wheels sit outside the gaurds. as i said the car drive better in my opinion with this setup then with rona arms. i also run toe out and us much castor as stock guards allow.

edit: i dont think people should mod their car because they read it on the net that lots of people do it. i think you should take other peoples opinions into account and figure it out for yourself. im sick of seeing cars that all have the same mods in them and you talk to the owners and the just speel off all they crap they read off the net.

-dan
    gunner:
    You're a fucking idiot, and I am ashamed that you are part of this community. Sure there isn't many tracks, but praticing on the street isn't the alternative.

Grow the fuck up you little JDM whore
    ALL DRIFT MODIFICATIONS
    for all your drift modification needs

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Sigma's are wak.

RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

land yacht

+60

if you want control arms for the extra track, then i would say invest in some adjustable control arms, that way, combined with camber tops, you can fine tune the setup to suit yourself/engine/power

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast