Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Daily Drive/Ocasional track drifter. Lots of pics, 56k Beware!

Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

ah so you bought it. awesome car. keen to see it skidding with gze! dont put that kit you had for white one on the gtv
    good luck with it all

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

The kit was sold so i dont think that would happen
    1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeah mate, kit was sold, not keen on wrecking the gtv with a kit, although I might hunt down some factory skirts cause there isn't any currently on the car.

well the motor and box are out of the white car now, after seeing what Tom (nikkojoe) has done with his latest gze Im pretty keen to do this properly and neaten the engine bay up so that I won't have the typical ugly gze engine bay... doubt ill end up with results as good as his though!

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default out of the ashes...

Well, Ive well and truly started pulling her apart and cleaning up the parts for the new car...

Main focus for the moment is pulling the engine and cleaning it up for its new home

My current plan is to do the engine conversion into the red car, modify my old exhaust to accept the new extractors and become a little quieter and then get the car rego and engineers...

Ill leave the coilovers etc until after rego unless I am required to change too much of the car that it becomes impractical

Anyway, anyone that knows me knows I like to take the opportunity to clean stuff up when its out, and well the engine is out and I figured that the more presentable the setup looks the less dodgy the engineer will assume I am and hence might trust me a little more...

Coming out:

rolling the car back over meant that some mud and shite got on the engine

Stripped down for cleaning:

How it looks now:

Ive still gotta finish off the text on the cam covers and Im not entirely sure about the yellow... but its not bad progress for the time I have been able to put into it

Im thinking gold or brass would look a lot better...

Was also toying with the idea of replacing the vacuum line while I have the engine in bits, is putting on red vacuum line too ricey? (red car)

Thoughts on vacuum line and yellowz?

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Black vacumm line. Paint those yellow bits silver. done.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

"chromie my homie"
    dose

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

In what way.

Also please note that your 4AGZE is NOT from Need for Speed Underground 1, and as such colour coded vacuum lines are not a required. Black will look best, OEM style >*
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

todd

another vote for black.

wish my gze was that clean

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Uhh if possible both wiper speed and range of motion...

The rain that day was so heavy that I could barely see at times (I slowed down accordingly) but still wasn't able to spot the mud that killed the car and Ive just had my eyes checked twice! lol, part of my job...

Damn it, so I should stop saving for the level 3 turbo package?

Lol, yeah, point taken guys, it must have been the z32 side influencing that thought... you should see some of those guy's engine bays!

I now its likely to be unpopular with most on here but here is an example anyway:

I have a good friend here who's engine bay is shinier and more colour co-ordinated than that too! Has the go to match though...

Anyway, black vacuum lines what about yellows?

Current Cars:

Name
    Ben
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

your gze gives me motivation to clean mine lol
    Clutch Droppin Daddies. No questions.... Its just how we roll

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast