Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Daily Drive/Ocasional track drifter. Lots of pics, 56k Beware!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Smile My Daily Drive/Ocasional track drifter. Lots of pics, 56k Beware!

Standard issue copy from old forums for now...

Anyway, So it started life as THE most stock sprinter I have come across!

The the pictures do the talking!

Stock rims and front:

Stock radio!

Stock Wheel and interior!

Stock hatch cover!

Stock Tail Lights!

So... What else to do than bash down to the coast for some senic photographs?!?

Right, now that that's out of the system!
    Time to Mod up y0!

First things First! lets get this fron sorted out!

Open diffs are for wusses:

T-18 with 2-way in!

Full Drag Stylez eh?

Now for the front suspension...

First off, weight reduction in the guards, lol

The doner car:
    [attachment=15015:attachment]

The doner bits! (well some of them anyway)

pure stopping power... best brakes out of anycar I have ever driven!

wait up! Pause for raw power!

thought Id add extra power... 10Kw per addition...

Spruce up the ol' interior as well hey?

check this out! LED parkers, pretty speci hey?

Then came the 4AGE
    whats the logical first thing to do when you move to the opposite side of the country?

Thats right, an engine conversion!!!

Straight up, I can't thank the WA crew enough already!
    Especially Ken and Tom, who helped me with pretty much everything, but there was also quite a few guest appearances along the way too!

anyway this is just a quick one to give a bit of an update, I have noticed that with the image uploads gone all the old pics are gone, so I will upload them to photobucket later to make them available as well,

anyway, for now here is a few pics of the highlights:

Before:

Coming out:

out:

Going in:

In place:

Wired:

Tail pipe:

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default More from the old forum

Test Run:

All in it it was so good that ken couldn't contain his break-dancing!

Took it drifting and had loads of fun, but decided to move up to the GZE, currently in the process of conversion, and its looking like the 4age may be out this weekend!

here is what you are really after... some pics!

Drifting at barbs:

GZE before and after a little attention (its still yet to recieve its belt kit and waterpump in these pics though )

intercooler is aimed to be stealth spec:

I bought a kit as well, test fit of skirts: (didn't fit fantastic so Ill get it fitted professionally and probably get the car panda-ed too)

New AJPS 6.5kg rear springs and panard rod in too!

Currently trying to get it ready for the next WA comp on the 19th so lets see how it all goes!

Watch me getting schooled by Borneo (of the fame) at barbs

As Tom has said you CAN get a 224mm flywheel and clutch into a T50, but my advice is don't bother. I am going to use this as a temporary measure until I can afford a 212mm kit (wanna get the car ready for the next WA battle)

anyway, engine goes in tomorrow, wiring is all but complete, just need to sort out cooler&water piping and the car should be running again!

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default Even more old forum Junk!

Got it ready 2 days before a drift comp with some temporary pipework:
    Yeah mate, siiiic intercooler piping, heat tape makes it looke dodgey

I present the end result! Will be sliding the shit out of it tomorrow!!!

And took it out for some fun!

Than I went and got my drag on!
    Drags:

Ran a 14.7 btw, I thought not bad for full street trim + stock GZE @ 7PSI

AHG:

I'm (White Levin hatch with black bonnet) at times:
    1:39
    3:09
    3:50
    4:01
    4:47
    5:15 <--- I reckon that ones the best
    and,
    6:29

Also FoolyCooly (Panda trueno Hatch)from these forums is at times:
    0:09
    0:36
    0:55
    2:27
    2:54
    4:40

And even got to go on a runway for some skids

Massive props out to Dave at AJPS, he was able to provide me with some spacers at VERY short notice and that allowed me to get out on the track at an airfield!

Was very cool, smoothest surface I have ever driven on, got a couple of short videos for you guys and hopfully some pics to come!

Once again massive thanks to AJPS, couldn't have done it at all unless they sent me the gear!

And its still going great! GZE is going strong and still getting great economy too!

I have all the bits ready to put in a boost pulley to get around 14-15 pounds which should be sweet, Ive been thinking I want to re-do my intercooler setup again though and also want to replace my front suspension as the shocks have died...

Other than that Im should be going to a drift day at sanddown run by driver dynamics soon and hopefully I might get to venture up to winton for a drift day soon too.

Anyway, this post was mainly incase all the old forum dissapears and so I can update the link in my sig,

cheers guys, catch ya all later

Current Cars:

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hurry up and get the pulley on, make more boost
    1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......

Bad Email Address

Nice thread....and ride!! can i ask you a question. If money wasn't a factor, would you rather have the gze vs. a built 16v??? or vice versa?
    Last edited by JDMJNKY; 29th December 2008 at 03:52 AM.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

If money and time was no factor I would go worked motor with twincharge, which is closer to GZE, so Ill say that.

I had a 20v before this and the revvyness is definately addictive, but I love the instant torque of the blower... Means you can make mistakes during the entry to a corner, back off the gas to correct the angle and not have to clutch dump or whatever to keep the revs up as the car will just pull out of it which makes the whole corner smoother and more predictable... my 2c anyway, everyone is different.

and I'm getting there Tom! Its not pleasent working on your car in a carpark!
    Last edited by ae8zn6; 29th December 2008 at 06:30 PM. Reason: forgot

Current Cars:

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

nice plates

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default Got around to another post

Decided I might as well put something in here...

Been a while, no surprises there, anyway Got me some new struts:

Pretty huh? Cheers Brad!

Anyway due to clearance and bias Issues I opted to leave the JDM brakes on the front for the moment. So I had to move my brakes over onto these struts. I discovered that the grease on my stub axles was pretty gross anyway...

Yuck!

Brad's were minty fresh though, so I decided to use his hubs instead!

You could just about brush you teeth with that!

Anyway just for good measure I swapped the s13 cambertops over for my 86 ones as well so they looked like this before they went in:

Puuurty

So then I went and put up with working in a carpark yet again to install them... It became immediately apparent they were off a racecar... it now sits just a little low:

Hot!

Only 1 problem... clearance

(believe it or not but the inner guards are touching the tyres, pic doesn't really show that)

Kinda can't turn the steering wheel atm... and that was shot immediately after installing, so it has sunk even a tiny bit further, lol

Anyway, I seem to have left my C-spanners in Perth too, so until I can borrow some from someone over here it seems that I am:

(note carpark number) (Sorry, but Ive been dieing for an excuse to use that picture since I took it like a year ago, lol)

Anyway hopefully I'll get me a C-spanner some time this week then off for an alignment and then of course... a quick test run around the mountains!

Current Cars:

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

mmm lol @ pic

just flare the guards, it will be ok
    1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......

Banned
    Name
    Vivas
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

nice hand stand bro..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast