Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BAD AXLE TRAMP!!!???

I've already made one thread about this but after solving it by putting back in my standard shocks I'm now at a point where I've put some Sierras in and am having the same problem again.

I made my lower trailing arms adjustable and moved my pinion angle dowards a bit but I'm still have this problem. It only happens when going straight and axlerating with the wheels trying to spin. When I pop the clutch going sideways it's fine?

The car is a KE70 with an SR making around 300hp which might be helping the problem? I'm using a Hilux rear end with a very tight LSD which acts pretty much like a locker..

Can anyone tell me if they've experienced the same problem and exactly what they did to correct it? I need to stiffen up the rear end for drift which is why I've gone with sierras.

Any help will be greatly apprecaited!!!

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

mine does this also

the adjustable arms should have solved it.... tried adjusting them to try a few different angles????

i have stock trailing arms, stock placed mounts (kouki t series) chopped falcons and sierra shocks and my car is low as hell

i am only running what a slightly modded 20v puts out... 120hp ish atw and it tramps hard as

traction brackets/ 4 link should help

ill be making my own weld on traction brackets for my new diff, ill let you know how it goes
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Yeh I've tried a few different trailing arm lengths but after having another search around on here, traction brackets might actually be what I need.
    I'm thinking of just making my own but I'm not sure how big to make them? I never really understood what they were for but now I think I get it. They're to make the trailing arm on more of an angle right? Instad of being "flat" which should reduce the diff trying to roll forward as much.. Is this right?

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

exactly

moves rear of trailing arm down so it can't go upwards of horizontal, then diff can't jump causing tramp

this is why I'm not bothering with 4 link, just making traction brackets with say 3 or so holes for different positions then theres only 3 settings, if done right your diff will not be out of alighnment therfore trial and error 2 times will acheive good result on 3rd try or 1st if your lucky enough to pick that hole first

just need to weld trailing arm mount down further to acheive good trailing arm angle

as its all about trailing arm angle that causes tramp, traction brackets arent used to correct pinion angle (even though they do to a certain extent) they are used for as i said before correcting the angle of the arm

hope that helped
    MY JZX83 (clicky)

Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Name
    Brad
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

how are your bushes.

i have never had this problem. mind you my bushes have always been good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dr1ft-pig @ Mar 10 2008, 06:45 PM) </div>
    Thanks mate for your help, I might give it a go tommoow if I can find some steel and see how I go. Should I make the 3 different holes all in line or in an arch?
    I have been over my bushes and seem to be alright, still the standard bushes but aren't cracked/collapsed from what I can see. I've been told not to run nolathane/urethane as they are too stiff and don't give enough play resulting in shaking the car to peices.
    Is this true?

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-=GOODY=- @ Mar 10 2008, 08:22 PM) </div>lol...if u think thats bad...run rose jointed stuff :lol:

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

here is an example of how i think the holes should be made in the bracket

hope this helps

[attachment=23533:traction...et_paint.JPG]
    MY JZX83 (clicky)

Name
    John
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeh thats pretty much what I was thinking, but then I had a look at the T3 ons and they have the holes aligned vertical not horizontal, what do you reckon?

I'm also going to be modifying my lower shockie mounts so it allows me to have the car sitting higher but still using the sierra shocks. Has anyone had any experience with this? Atm there is no play for the car to bounce upwards and I can see it wrecking the shocks pretty quickly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast