Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: vic roads suck

hey guys..heres my story, i bought a JDM AE86 coupe from a mate in NSW and recently i tried to convert it to vic rego. i had to book the car in for inspection which i then failed the first time cos the car was too low and it had aftermarket steering wheel. i fixed all that and booked it in the 2nd time. this time, they had a so called ..COMPLIANCE OFFICER on site and he had a look at my car. he failed the car again cos he said the rear seat belts were not compliant. a metal plate had to be made up and ill have to get engineers cert for that. My question is..WHAT BS IS THIS?? this is not a freakin fresh import. it was registered in NSW for awhile already so why do i still have to do all these? am i wrong to think this way? can someone point me in the right direction for solving this? someone maybe who noes the rules and regulations? different peoples been telling me different stories, even at vic roads. !@#$$% thanks guys

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

are the the same as ADM? maybe get adm seatbelts.

otherwise do what they say... u don't wanna find out how anal they can get... (they can get pretty shitty, so u don't wanna get on the wrong side, especially the old bald man)
    30kw club

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

good luck mate... all i can say.

a mate i work with has a JDM honda crx, he purchased it 3 years ago from a guy that had owned it and had it rego'd for 6 years. it was imported in about 1998...and my mate had not let the rego lapse in the time he's owned it..

anyway, about 6 months ago my mate gets a letter from vicroads saying that due to "registration irregularities" vicroads required his car for an inspection..

booked it in for the pits, it was inspected, and then they said that due to non compliance with aust standards the car needed to be put thru the usual complaiance stuff (rear tail light, seat belts, rear seat taken out as JDM crx's have one and ADM ones don't, and have intrusions bars etc put in)

vicroads said they'd pay for it all as it was their mistake..

car goes to engineers to get work done... vicroads then contact the engineer and tell them not to release car back to my mate and send him a letter saying they can't re-register the car..

they send him a letter and offer his the amount he paid on his transfer (which was $1800 as he bought the car in sh!te condition and had his dad who is a mechanic get it up to scratch) to compulsorily acquire the car back as it turns out that the thing was stolen in japan in 1994 and then somehow made it here...

Insert witty comment here....

Bad Email Address

can youe remove the rear seat and all hardware?

no certificate required.........

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stinger_007 @ Apr 7 2008, 06:39 PM) </div>
    o man, vic roads really DO SUCK.. they prob shd get their shit together and make sure all the employees tell the same story or at least educate them so they know what the hell they talking about.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sideeeways @ Apr 7 2008, 06:45 PM) </div>
    i don't think i wan to register it as a 2 seater cos its pretty much a original car from japan, i would like to keep it that way for resale reasons and also, collectors?? hehe

Hard to blame vicroads when it would seem you didn't do your research beforehand.

what research? the car is registered and is not a fresh import. how am i supposed to know or research something that isnt suppose to happen? i even got a RWC

and by the way SHIRI, the bald guy had a look firs ttime round and he failed it cos of the steering wheel. he said everything else looks fine. and told me that was it. so pls don't say things like i didnt do my research beforehand cos i couldnt PREDICT the next time round the other guy would pick on something else..

Yes you can predict, pretty much because the rules and laws are as clear as day on the VicRoads website. If you are disputing this, you need to print it off in writing and show it to them.

It is supposed to happen... re read the laws.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast