Thread: igniter wires ?

Oldschool Member

Thumbs down

hey guys i bought a coil and igniter from wreckers but derno if its from a ae92 or ae82 ?

alright my problem is, my igniter isnt wired up correctly cos I'm unsure of 4 wires that are on the ae82 igniter

( green round plug ) its pink, brown, white and yellow.

I'm wanting to know what these connect to on the loom for eg. black/orange .. yadda yadda yadda.

another problem is my injectors don't seem to open, derno wats wrong with that but yeh its giving me the shits!

if anybody can gimme info on what to connect to what with the info ive given would be great help!!

well any hely is much appreciated yo ! :2thumbs:

Name
    Jase
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

does it start with carby cleaner or 'start ya bastard' down the TB?

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Make sure injectors have power on both sides of the plug when you turn ignition on. If they do, and you have spark and you have a fuel source, then it should run. If the engine has been sitting for ages it may need some start ya bastard or tb cleaner as gullie mentioned. If it runs and dies for the moment that its sprayed in there, its probably injector related. If it just backfires through the intake or nothing at all, check firing order and make sure timing is correctly lined. If all else fails, my fail safe wiring below

A cut and copy of what works:

)

*Assuming bigport* When using my info, Refer to Club4AG AE86 ECU pinout/wiring diagram
    Other then that:

-give ignition power to positive terminal on coil (usually a black/orange wire which connects to the ballast resistor on the old coil which you can use [I did], but you can make your own relay to power coil using the black/orange wire as an ignition trigger)

-On 14 pin plug, Pin 7 (+B1) and Pin 14 (+B ) can be connected together, and go to ignition (or can come off a relay you used for coil power)
    -On 14 pin plug, Pin 6 (Batt) goes to constant battery 12V source (ie wire straight from positive terminal on your battery if you want)

For fail safe starting, you may also need to give power to injectors (Yellow wire found on 10Pin plug, Pin 10 (BF)) by joining a wire into the yellow wire and giving it 12V on iginition (again, use the same relay that you may have used for coil, but might be drawing too much current).

Fuel Pump (if you don't have COR)

Here is a diagram i made. Make sure you put a fuse between battery and relay (something suitable if you are running 2 pumps for a surge tank setup)

1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......

Oldschool Member

up u go xD need help guys ..

cheers !