Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Ask Dr. Karl

Name
    Karl
    State
    S.A.
    Country
    Austria

Because psychology is THE headfuck of ALL subjects.
    And remember; there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people.
    RokuSteady : Shakotan - Tsuraichi - Hippari - Onikyan : 神奈川 様式

breno

why hasnt my new skateboard been deliverd yet? I wanna go for a skate already.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

who put the bop in the bop shoo op shoo op

also the only way an egg can be created is via a chicken, so a chicken must have come first, crossed a road or two, then layed the egg
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Karl
    State
    S.A.
    Country
    Austria

The universe can't be fully seen from any vantage point within. We must define what we see (with electromagnetic radiation) as not the universe, but the visible universe. This is merely a portion of the universe itself. Most matter in the universe is embedded in space that is moving away from our region of space faster than light speed. This is around 14 billion light years from our viewpoint, roughly along any radial line from the earth (provided Earth is defined as our viewpoint). In a way, you could call it the "event horizon" of the gravitational potential well that we are within (in theory). If we looked at our position in the universe as being in a potential well, then the universe isn't expanding (or at least the visible universe), it is all falling toward a center, but not nessisarily according to the laws of gravity since the even horizon is so large. It is possibly a much weaker force, and perhaps compliments gravity like how magnatism compliments electricity (which would be a dream come true for a TOE). The point is, picture our planet, better yet our solar system, better yet our galaxy and neighbouring galaxies as all relatively at rest in respect to each other (but not fully as it would imply that they are all at absolute zero). They are all influencing each other and dynamically orbiting each other very slowly, and chaotically. Now just think of speeding up their rate of time, and viewing them as particles with vibration about an equilibrium, (the center of mass of the system). Suppose this whole system is influenced by the center of mass of a much more massive system, say, the center of mass of the entire universe (assuming the universe is finite), or maybe just a humungously massive black hole; then like systems that are closer to the center are being pulled harder, and systems further away are being pulled less. A region closer to the center is moving with a higher velocity toward the center than we are, therefore it appears to be moving away from us, and a region further away from the center than we are is moving toward the center at a velocity lower than ours, therefore it appears to be moving away from us. Therefore, from our region of space (which contains our local galaxies), it would appear as if everything (like systems in other regions of the universe) is moving away from us. Not just that, but also fits the model that things further away will be moving faster away than things not as far away. Frames at our radius would have no red shift caused by the curvature of space, but there would still be redshift and blueshift from movement within space. You may wonder, why we haven't reached the center already, well in general relativity, there is more space in a region more toward the center of a black hole than there is in a region further away. Who knows how much we all (and our surroundings) have shrunk in the time it took to read this? Keep in mind, there must be a universal center of mass if the universe is finite, if infinite, I don't see why this can't work given that it's a huge mass that our observable universe is stuck inside (one of an infinite).
    I hope this has helped bring the arrival of your skateboard somewhat closer.
    Last edited by Kid Karola; 19th May 2009 at 03:05 AM.

Name
    Karl
    State
    S.A.
    Country
    Austria

The bop was placed in bop shoo bop shoo op by that man.
    Who was that man? I'd like to shake his hand.
    He also put the ram in the rama lama ding dong.
    You know I mean it from the bottom of my boogidy boogidy boogidy shoe.

we may revisit the egg vs chicken debate if time permits at the end of our program.

Name
    Felix
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

cheers man, ive got the red version of the seat, still looking for the black one, autosport had one but sold it when they changed owners, i have the steering wheel both the deep dish and flat faced version, all i want is the gear knob and tag watch

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

beams or blacktop 20v 7age? i still cannot decide, obviously the beams has more power but will be way more expensive and much harder to pull off, i don't know of many people have done a blakcotp 20v 7age yet either...

Name
    Karl
    State
    S.A.
    Country
    Austria

How deep are your pockets? If you are a purist or period correctofile (such as myself) I'd stick AE111 in it to maintain the 4AGness, but if you are looking for the extra grunt I'd go all out for the 3SGE beamer with either the 6-speed or a W box. More work required to fit but then more potential then the stroker 7AGE. The upside to the 7A is the relative compactness and novelty factor. I believe there is comprehensive guide to 7AGE build on Club4AG.com.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10