Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Buying a camera; advice.

  1. #1
    Senior Member keto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    792

    Smile Buying a camera; advice.


    TO REMOVE ADS, PLEASE
    REGISTER OR SIGN IN
    hey all,

    i'm looking at buying myself a new camera, sick of my lil cheap digital one and looking for a nice digital SLR. Straight up i'm newish to a lot of these canon and nikons and am having a hard time working out really whats the best one. my budget is around $1100 (or more pending on how long i wait)
    really i'm looking for something that is of a high quality and as hard as it is, wont be old technology in a few months. something 10megapixel + maybe.

    has anyone got any thoughts on the canon eos1000D? or nikon D60? seen them round at a reasonable price, just wondering if they are a good cam, or kinda match there cheaper in the market, being a cheaper quality.

    any advice or help would be greatly appreciated from anyoen with experience.

    cheers, nick.


  • #2
    Veteran 45KIDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Brodie
    State
    QLD
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Im half way through a deploma in photo-imaging and I use a 400d cause im a poor cunt lol. Don't go any lower then that! its a good camera and if you go through the photo threds you will see some of my work. I focus more on film then digital but if you just beginning I say 400d. Easy to learn on and fairly cheap these days. that said I've had mine for 2 years and really want to upgrade but that's mainly because of my course outline and sick of borrowing tafe cameras

    But I say no to 1000d... it is the step between consumer and prosumer camera and isn't that great!

    Even a 350d would be sick. There's some on ebay withnice lens deal's etc.

  • #3
    Veteran Clinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Clinton
    State
    NSW
    Location
    Tweed Heads
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    3,048

    Default

    canon T60 brrrroo!

    FTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by svenmate View Post
    I love how all the SA boys get on board
    Quote Originally Posted by Konakid View Post
    im driving out there with new hydro setup
    Quote Originally Posted by myke90 View Post
    haha i have the exact same picture from when i got my sportmaxx lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    whats with the drift rings? i know they are just a novelty but do they represent or signify anything?

  • #4
    Senior Member keto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 45KIDS View Post
    Im half way through a deploma in photo-imaging and I use a 400d cause im a poor cunt lol. Don't go any lower then that! its a good camera and if you go through the photo threds you will see some of my work. I focus more on film then digital but if you just beginning I say 400d. Easy to learn on and fairly cheap these days. that said I've had mine for 2 years and really want to upgrade but that's mainly because of my course outline and sick of borrowing tafe cameras

    But I say no to 1000d... it is the step between consumer and prosumer camera and isn't that great!

    Even a 350d would be sick. There's some on ebay withnice lens deal's etc.
    i know i'm just beginning but i dont want something heaps simple, i feel i might will run out of things to use after a while, get bored or be limited, i pick up on things pretty quickly once i start using it.

    had a look over some of your shots 45KIDS. look good, so that was just with a 400D and a lense?

    EDIT: thoughts on the 450D?
    Last edited by keto; 10th May 2009 at 08:42 PM.


  • #5
    Veteran 45KIDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Brodie
    State
    QLD
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    yeah just standard lense and 400D. ive got some shots in slam and skate magazine so shows what you can do with them. 400D and 450D are fairly similar i reckon. same with the 350D. if you want to just go out and have fun without burning a hole in your pocket i would aim for 350/400/450D (im a canon man so havent used nikon to much). just depends with your budget. with the 350-450D you can just buy some lenses,flashes etc and you will have fun with it for years! think most other people can agree with me but im also very poor lol so cant get all the flash gear that some photographers have .

    i get by with my 400D twin lense kit, tokino 10-17mm fisheye, 2x vivitar 285v flashes and some ebay triggers

    hit up hao on here. he would have a fair bit of knowledge on camera's!

  • #6
    Veteran Clinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Clinton
    State
    NSW
    Location
    Tweed Heads
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    3,048

    Default

    canon T60 is pretty sweet.

    FTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by svenmate View Post
    I love how all the SA boys get on board
    Quote Originally Posted by Konakid View Post
    im driving out there with new hydro setup
    Quote Originally Posted by myke90 View Post
    haha i have the exact same picture from when i got my sportmaxx lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    whats with the drift rings? i know they are just a novelty but do they represent or signify anything?

  • #7
    Veteran 45KIDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Brodie
    State
    QLD
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    canon T60 is pretty sweet.

    t70 goes alright aswell

  • #8
    Veteran Clinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Clinton
    State
    NSW
    Location
    Tweed Heads
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    3,048

    Default

    nah
    just T60

    T70 is just too gay.

    sorry i was the one that had to tell you.

    FTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by svenmate View Post
    I love how all the SA boys get on board
    Quote Originally Posted by Konakid View Post
    im driving out there with new hydro setup
    Quote Originally Posted by myke90 View Post
    haha i have the exact same picture from when i got my sportmaxx lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    whats with the drift rings? i know they are just a novelty but do they represent or signify anything?

  • #9
    Sherlock
    Guest

    Default

    Oi, you do realise I work in the camera section at Harvey Norman...come and see me you douche. I'll help you out. Price wise too

  • #10
    Senior Member keto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    792

    Default


    TO REMOVE ADS, PLEASE
    REGISTER OR SIGN IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Oi, you do realise I work in the camera section at Harvey Norman...come and see me you douche. I'll help you out. Price wise too
    oh so now you tell me! which one one son?


  • Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. PAYDAY - buying goodies and need advice: flywheel, clutch & more
      By randomskate in forum Technical - Questions
      Replies: 28
      Last Post: 17th June 2011, 04:04 PM
    2. Halfcut buying advice needed
      By Vezza in forum General Topics (No Technical Questions)
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 19th June 2007, 06:09 PM
    3. General Advice on Buying a Sprinter
      By haydenzz in forum Technical - Questions
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 15th June 2007, 11:13 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •