Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Wreckers chasing F-Series diff

Bad Email Address

Default Toyota Wreckers chasing F-Series diff

Hey guys basically called the main toyota wreckers f*** there so hard to deal with its like they dont wana know you over the phone crappy, anyways where did you guys source an f-series from or would you know any toyota wreckers with one basically the cars im looking for are tarago and celica old models tarago yr-22 celica ra35 ta63 or cressida mx13 these all are swappable with drum to drum brakes which is what im after. Any help would be great as its hard sourcing one atm cheers keegan

todd

sometimes its cheaper to buy a whole car from the quokka and rip the diff out then sell it on to scrap metal/wreckers.
    they are always on the lookout for hilux etc etc

Name
    Roland
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Try A1 toyota wreckers on Munt street bayswater. they r pretty much the only toyota wrecker that still do older parts. Just be straight to the point with them though. I know them well but I know for a fact they have no time for "time wasters" always shows to flash some cash around to show ur serious.

Name
    Dom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I found one when i was looking, can't remember where, but they wanted $600 for it. I'll find out for you who it was.
    I'm with Todd though, they pop up in the quokka fairly regularly, but you gotta be quick cos wreckers look for them too.
    The Track Car Build: Indigo
    The Street Car Build: Street Build
    A Heap Of For Sale: The Heap

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

find an old tarago. buy it. take the diff. cut the tarago apart to make a low down flat bed truck etc.

Bad Email Address

haha yea man i do ay! spun out! dans a cool bloke hes come down to the drifts before have to catch up with ya. thanx guys! yea i got quoted $660 from A1 for a ra35 f-series diff but its 5 stud, he had a tarago centre but that was all, tried another mob they quoted $770 and had to source one, over in vic they cost $270 from a wrecker! wa got f-all, so maybe gonna go for an r31 diff cause there common and cheap but ive still got my options open atm but leaning towards r31 if theres nothing in the quokka come thursday.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

r31 diffs will still twist and shear an axle fairly easily. i reckon go the f series diff.

you will be limited by lsd choices aswell for a r31 diff. either a vl cone type lsd or a detroit locker. the vl diff is just pure shit and the locker will guarantee snapped axles

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Not only that. R31 disc brake calipers are turd. Ask someone over east to send one over for you

Name
    Aaron
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

yeah and then you have to stuff around with your brake bias an shit. at the end of the day you will be better off with a f series

Bad Email Address

fark thanx for the info guys was close to buying a r31 diff today, went and saw zac at cypher industries he has one in his track notchback and final drive have a diff jig to weld the mounts on so was gonna see them but yea the disc and caliper is shizer dont wana go down that road and pretty sure they dont come with drum, anyways few old celicas in the quokka this week so ill ring around..again hehe, if im not finding much luck ill have to get one from SA would it cost much to get one sent here u reckon?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast