Thread: Ecu Choice

Oldschool Member

Basically as in the title what is the general consensus of which ecu is better? Wolf 3dv4 or adaptronic?
    I already bought an adaptronic a while back but i don't really know of anyone who tunes them down here in tassie and a wolf 3d and hand controller have come up cheap so i don't know whether to keep the adaptronic or to go wolf!
    Bearing in mind this is for a smallport 4age with around 260 degree cams and quad throttle bodies! I won't be going for heaps of power mainly a daily driver with good driveability and good fuel economy!
    Cheers
    Cerby

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

bit of info for you here

Oldschool Member

i looked at that i guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me which way to go
    I think i prefer the adaptronic but I'm worried that I'm going to wire it in then noone down here will be able to tune it!
    I reckon i could get it going on the base map that adaptronic provide but i really know nothing about tuning the ecu myself!!
    Maybe someone else out there is running an adaptronic on a smallport with quads and can give me a closer base map ??

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I have a Adaptronic for myself, which will be wired up and tuned in the next few months. When I have done mine, I am sure I can tune yours, if not sooner. Let me know whenever your ready and we can start having a look at it.

I have done a Wolf 3D also, but it was a older one. Either way I should be able to work it out given the time.

Oldschool Member

hahah thats convenient! I was going to chase you up to help me get the motor in anyway

Well thats that problem solvered!!

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

every competent tuner who encounters the adaptronic for the first time always has good things to say. theyre not tricky at all.

also should be noted.. with cams and quads the adaptive mode doesnt really work.. but yeah as above, its not hard to figure out.
    78's

Oldschool Member

The best ECU is the one that your local tuner knows best.

The reality is that its not hard to get your fuel maps right, its the setup to suit your engine beforehand that requires all the detailed knowledge. Once all of your base settings are correct (ie base ignition advance, injector scaling, cold start enrichment, accel enrichment etc), you can fairly easily tune and retune your engine as you make changes, provided you have a good air/fuel meter.