Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brake balance

Name
    Damian
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

If i install s5 Rx7 calipers on the front with civic rotors, racing pads and upgraded master cylinder i know this will help braking alot.

But this said iam confident that the car wont be balanced in the braking area if the rear is stock with upgraded pads.

To get an all round balance in the breaking area what should i do for the rear.

I was thinking..

s13 rear calipers watever disk

Rx7 calipers try and use civic disk if it can fit.

If i go for a diff setup then the rx7 rear(eg s13) will this throw out the balance?

Name
    Damian
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

no one knows?

Name
    beau
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

u could try to rub mazda s5 rear calipers aswell, and then use the standard s5 sized master and it should be balanced pretty well

Name
    Dusty
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

gte a barake bias adjuster, and go from there, or find out what the piston size is of the s5 then if your pston size is the same you should be right, or try and find one with similar sized pistons

Name
    Pete
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

let me put it this way:

its better to have a setup in the rear that is slightly too big because proportioning valves are cheap, and fucking it all up isnt

S13 rotor with stock caliper and decent pads would be fine, more than enough. just make new caliper brackets to suit and youre away. the additional surface area of the setup is more than enough.

and don't forget to factor in the handbrake, if you go other manufacturer setups, they most likely wont be compatible with the handbrake configuration of the ae86

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I'm will be running Fc3s calipers all around....running mini cooper s rotors on the front and fc3s on the rear.....handbrake will be hydrolic, but being a track car that sees street rarely itll be fine....will also have proportioning valve and running either r32 or triton master cylinder

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (damo46 @ Jul 9 2008, 07:58 PM) </div>I'm pretty sure you will ended up with too much front bias like mine if you don't upgrade the rear. I'm going to try the s13 rear rotors with standard caliper and see how it go.

Just a friendly warning before you go and start messing around with your brakes. Unless you're able to make your own adapters to fit different calipers etc. and like to experiment with different brake master cylinder/booster combo big brakes upgrade will give you countless hours of headache :yes: and after all the crap you went through and the amount of money you spend you probably won't be completely happy with it anyway. Sorry if I sounded negative, but that is my experience .

Name
    Damian
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

cheers for that.

well when you run the s13 rear tell me if it balances out a bit and one of the mods on here have got a brackets to suit a s13 brake for the 86.

Name
    Chris
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (delazy @ Jul 10 2008, 11:35 AM) </div>Do you have a build thread? I'm very interested in seeing how you adapted a bracket to mount the rear calipers. I've been thinking of running the same set-up. Where did you get your front brackets machined?

Thanks,
    Chris

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chrisso @ Jul 10 2008, 03:19 PM) </div>i do have a build thread, but nothing exciting going on as its mostly collection parts atm

there are plenty of "drawings" of the cooper s/rx7 conversion floating around the internet, take them to a machinest and they will do them for you

as for the rear brackets, nothing out of the ordinary, will be similar to the one people are talking about using to run the s13 disks but to suit the rx7 gear

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast