Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phone Plans

Well I have been on a $49 vodafone cap for a while now and my contract is nearly up.
    Even though I get $280 a month I still find myself going over (typical teenager I guess).

So I was just wondering what phone company people are with and how well its working for you?
    And has anyone noticed any good deals/plans lately?

Banned

I'm on the $49 cap for 3, I get 300 something a month. Suits all my needs and the free MMS is a bit of fun :2thumbs:

E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I was tempted to get a hip top because of the plan.. Isn't it like $30 a mth for unlimited everything?

Name
    zilla
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

yea, telstra has 30 cap for hip top slide, unlimited sms, mms, messenger etc.
    the actual calls however were a bit steep.

could someone link me to an informative site about the hiptop

Veteran
    Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i got a hiptop its pimp as best at work! its ends up bring 58 amonth u pay 30 for the plan 28 for the phone

Name
    Charlie
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I work for telstra. Hiptop plan is $30 a month with NO included calls. But you get unlimited SMS MMS MSN messenger and web browsing. Pretty good if you just SMS n shit. But the phone isnt included in that $30. You pay all together with the phone $50.79 a month I think and its a Motorola hiptop slide, looks kinda emo.

$49 caps are good, but call rates are more expensive, even the call connection is something like 10c dearer than a normal phone plan. Depends on what you are looking for though, Usually you will get the most value from companies like voda and 3, but they have the worst reception....and you need to read there fineprint carefully. Telstra is expensive but they have the best coverage with the next G bullshit.

But if you have fine coverage with voda and 3 and optus around your area, and if you don't mind talking to overseas operators when you have a problem, go with them.

If you do have shit coverage with them, go with telstra, it will save you the frustration of trying to call or sms with no reception and having to walk around to find some!

Well thats how I see it and tell most customers

Name
    beau
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

lol, i thought it was funny that when i read this there was a vodafone ad at the bottom of the page :lol:

Anyway, vodafone actually has just as good 3G coverage as telsra now, according to them anywaysand as a tip, when you go into a vodafone shop, ask about bussiness caps, better call rates (as far as i know) better deals and it works out better for the sales staff (higher comission on bussiness caps) so you may be able 2 get a little more for your money

E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hiphops feel like the screens are going to break off.. one of the reasons why i wouldn't get one.. Buying phones outright ftw.

Whats the lowdown on iphones?

Name
    Louis
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

haha mad...i work for a company that deal optus and virgin....

The iphone is cool with the whole touch screen thing but otherwise a bit overrated....and you can't even send MMS from them!! i took the dealer demo home for a bit and i got over it pretty quick.....

The best deal at the moment with optus is prolly tha $49 cap with a 6220 nokia....GPS, 5 Mega pixel, Easy to use etc...and it's free over 24mths.....and optus has a really good network these days and virgin also use optus towers...

Virgin is if you want a good phone on a cheap deal.....$30 cap and you can get the 6220 free!!! And free calls to other virgins....

Anyways it's my day off over so I'm over raving.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast