Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Australia

Name
    Owen
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jdm_dreamr @ Sep 30 2008, 02:26 AM) </div> :lol:

Yeah, it was lame.

So far, 14/14 car enthusiasts (in this thread), agree that it sucked. No way will it last at this rate.

Oldschool Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HachiRoku @ Sep 30 2008, 02:16 PM) </div>But isn't that the beauty of the forums.... one person says it was shit and everone jumps on the bandwagon....

I agree it wasn't as good as the UK one but it was still good.

The show has bugs but Im sure they will be ironed out, has anyone here seen the first episode of the UK topgear?????? thought so.

Thats what happens when you go to watch a movie or show and have expectations, you will get dissapointed.

Name
    Tobias
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HachiRoku @ Sep 30 2008, 12:16 PM) </div>I think it was too try hard! It doesn't have the charm of bbc top gear. I love the continual "unlike british topgear..." and "because were top gear australia we can do this" quotes. the hosts don't have any charisma when their talking driving the cars . The wait wasn't worth it..

Name
    Troy
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I didnt mind it, I mean it was pretty bad compared to the UK Top Gear but its their first show, it will get better, the presenters personalities will come out more, they will relax into a bit more and the editing and scripts will get better. Fuck, look at some of the really early UK Top Gear episodes and they were pretty crap too!

You got remember that Top Gear is more a general entertainment car show - not a technical car show. Christ Jeremy himself admitted the other day he has no idea how an engine works and he hosts the UK show!!?

Also - take a look at Aussie car shows before this one... its light years ahead already! :lol:

But yeah the test track was crap, was more like a stretch of road with some witches hat chicanes thrown in! ..I still have no idea where the track goes after watching half a dozen cars go through it!

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HighLife @ Sep 30 2008, 05:56 PM) </div>Except that the first episodes of TopGear actually talked about the cars...
    I learned NOTHING from TopGear Aus

They need to actually do what TopGear UK does.

Test the cars.
    Talk about the cars.
    Then after, talk about the pros and cons.

Name
    Owen
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

It may get better, but it will always pale in comparison to the BBC version. That's because they're trying to replicate the original down to the last detail, from the set to the complimenting/conflicting personalities of the hosts. I think this was unnecessary, and may prove to be the downfall of the show.

Plus, the Moke/shark bit was just bizarre. 'Sif a shark would eat a car.

i didnt manage to catch the whole thing, had to go jack off with a cheese greater half way through, but it just wasent enough to numb the pain of what id just seen.....

seriously, worst attempt ever

1. not funny,
    2. didnt review the lambo or slide a car or test the maybach for more than 3 seconds.
    3. ugly uniteresting kents as presentors

really the topgear "what were they thinking" board just summed it it fk up.

ALL DRIFT MODIFICATIONS
    See the sponsors section 4 details!!

Name
    Iain
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

The only funny bit was when they dumped a gallon or two of blood and guts on him in the water

They manage to fit so much more in the UK one, or maybe it just isn't boring as batshit
    I was looking forward to it.. looks like it is aimed at the ignorant bogan aussie market which is strange for an sbs show

Oldschool Member

It was awful. The hosts come off as boring plonkers (Warren) or boring wankers (Pizzati and Cox).
    Cox in particular has nary an ounce of charisma to his entire existence. There is ZERO chemistry between them.

The problem I think is that the pommy show has boring, toffee-nosed wankers and in an English setting that works; they're lampooning their own culture in a self referential and comical way.
    In Australia its 3 toffee-nosed twats because it seems SBS are marketing it squarely to the upper-middle, toffee-nosed, twats.
    I mean an opening episode featuring the massive excitement of...touring in soft roaders. Get fucked.

Ep. 1 - Soft Roaders
    Ep. 2 - performance aussie sedans...
    ...if its not squarely aimed at the 40-60 year old well to do demographic I'll go he.

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

seems like i didnt miss much

thank fuck for that
    85' JDM TA63 GTTR sedan - Godlike
    89' JDM GZ20 Soarer - 1jz + R154 bus

Quote Originally Posted by joeschmo_57 View Post
    I tried to sell my virginity yesterday in a pub. Shame it was second hand anyway

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast