Thread: Lotus Elise or 350z

Veteran
    Name
    john
    State
    nsw
    Country
    australia

i dont know if mitsubishi has changed the suspenion in the new evo X but the i know for a fact that older evos have a crap turning circle ... so instead of the three point turn its more like a 6 point turn .... and i dont think you will ever be able to do a u-turn on a normal double lane road ....

thats the only down side... but yes they are hella quick
    Originally Posted by cicca_294
    my dads mate is getting one, in white, aus delivered.
    his mate has an imported on in white,
    and their mate has a blood red one with a 25k new exhaust system...

i wish i had enough money for a freaking corolla

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gunner @ Sep 15 2008, 09:22 PM) </div><span style="color:#FF0000">The truth is I have driven porsche's even a gt2, I think they are overated, I think most euro "supercars" are overated, and are not worth the money, not when you consider you can spend half the money on a jap car and have it do more. They are well designed and well put together, and do handle well in the right hands, I don't like them.
    But as I keep saying to all these people that seem to beleive they are the only ones that do this or do that, your not the only ones, other people have opinions, there are going to be opinions that aren't the same as yours, if your going to crap on about how the other person is wrong because you believe so, you really are wasting your time. At the end of the day no one's opinion matters except for whoever is going to buy that car, so worrying yourself, makin yourself look like a petty dick trying to point out other peoples supposedly wrong opinions is a waste of my time, your time and everyone else's on here.

As for you floody, I prefer older cars, Old Z's are cool, and the esprit, I like, I have driven one, and i am aware of the unreliability, and the not so great handling, but they are a nice car.

I think we have established, when it comes to a comfortable daily with ability to do track duties, the 350z takes it over the lotus, if you want a weekend track warrior you can get away with driving on the road at the expense of luxuary then it's the lotus.
    </span>

Perhaps you should take your own advice

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

something to roll around the old noggin,

i saw motor magazine took a 350z out to qr for some lap data, and the whole day they couldnt only get it down so far,

and were beaten by a weekend warrior in an aw11 with a few breathings mods and some nice tyres.

i think if you are going to buy a car for the sort of money your talking, which in the grand scheme of things isnt a whole lot, but for 86 owners is
    i would have to have my heart set on something without a doubt, its like i am with evos, since i was 14ish ive never wanted any car more than an evo,
    they just have an aura around them to me, you have to have a car like that otherwise its never going to feel right, and your always going to kid yourself about its problems, then its going to bite you in the ass and you wont like that car and youll sell it, loose some money, and end up somewhere you didnt wanna be.

Im like that to an extent with the rolla, it truely does have a soul about it to me, and i could never part with it, i think you have to find your car like that, and just hope it doesnt go too far over budget
    cause at the end of the day your talking compromises, not strong points, if you want to be all logical with an animal then find the one with the least compromises, or the compromises that piss you off the least.

and for the record, porche have no equal.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Gunner

porche does it's called a verandah lol, sorry dude i had to.

As for oae 86, your awesome brrooooo

Name
    Carlo
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

"Something that I can drive to work every day, (I do 600kms a week). and something I can drive to the track, go racing for the day, and drive home"

dont know a better car that fits that staement then an evo^^^

only other thing really is there fuel consumption and weather or not you like the look of them...

Name
    Calvin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

evo +2

fuel usage isn't that bad if you can bear urself not to boost it everywhere. put an exhaust on it, sticky tyres and an expensive clutch, crank the boost up to 20psi and you'd get very close to a 12 flat.

brothers with same mods but shagged tyres with wheelspin in second ran three consecutive 12.6s
    T18 in the build

riojin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#109 @ Sep 18 2008, 08:01 PM) </div>m3 would be better than an evo. dont get me wrong i love evos, but m3's are in a completely different class. plus they have a pimp cf roof

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

no carbon in e46 in his price range ^

wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Gunner

I can't believe this made it to 4 pages, but for the price evo is king, though m3 i dunno, cool and bloody well put together, but they need more balls imo

Name
    Troy
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

My 2 cents:

Evo = very fast but not a real drivers car IMHO, too much electronic trickery in the diffs etc. The car does the driving for you, you just got to point it and hit the gas. Some people want that but its not for me. From my experience, if you can drive an EVO fast it doesnt necessarily mean you can drive anything else fast! Where as if you are fast in the Lotus or the Z or the Porsche then you will be fast in an EVO no doubt!

350Z - A mate of mine has the track spec edition with the Brembo's - stock as a rock. He laps Phillip Island with the same times as 2 other guys I know with EVO IX's - its a very well sorted car off the show room floor and would be my pick for a fun fast FR car that can double as a daily! Lots of room for more modding and performance enhancements too.

Lotus - no experience with them but would love to belt around the race track in one! Probably the most fun pure drivers car out of the lot I would think but as mentioned, not the most practical car for a daily.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast