Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Tamiya TT-01

Gunner

Hey Slider where do you get your wheels from? I'm putting together a couple old tg10 mk1s, and I need wheels.

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

the works are hpi, so you can get them anywhere, but oz-rc is where they came from, they have an ebay store. the wata's came from .
    78's

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

how much do you plan to spend?

i found the tt01 is a pretty good car. im running a different chassis but it wasnt really the performance being the reason for the switch.

the only thing i didnt like was the slop. but it still slides really well even though the front end is quite loose.

i dont know HEAPS about the other 2. for me i was only wanting tamiya and thats still the case.

knowing what i know now though. i would have bought an early ta05. from hong kong theyre really not much more exxy than what a tt01 cost once it set up at all.
    78's

Gunner

and a worked ta05 sells for a good amount of $$$$ when you decide its time to move on

But dont sell your tamiya stuff guys, will be worth quite a bit in a few years.

I've started putting together all my old tamiya stuff, from an old baja champ, a couplesuperhornets, and the tg10s, and one day they will be worth quire a bit, like in j land, a mint tg10 mk1 sell for over $400, thats what they cost new 10 yrs ago.
    Last edited by Gunner; 15th September 2009 at 08:29 AM.

Gunner

oh and thanks for the link slydar.

Name
    Nic
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

yeh is there anyway to get rid of the slop of the tt-01 my mate has 2 schumacer mi2's and they handle SOOOOO good. im also thinking about getting the 3racing chassis kit and alloy steering, do u think that would work

Name
    Ethan
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

i found a RC track 20mins from me gunna go out there 4 a slide soon

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

not really.

GPM make alu' sus' arms that have a "clamp" around the upper and lower ball joint. they also sell brass balls. thatd probably work ok.

another option is to fit front suspension from another model. if you use a rear lower arm on the front you can then fit TA01/2 c hubs and kuckles. but its alot of messing really. and even if you only spend $50/$100 on parts. you still have the other TT01 shortcomings to deal with.

when you can land a TA05 or TB03 for like $200, which doesnt need any hopping up at all, to be better than a hopped up TT..
    78's

Name
    Nic
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

hey slydar i can get a tb02 complete car for $20 is it worth getting it to use the steering? what do you actually change? is it just the knuckles of the whole front? otherwise i may get a ta05 later on and deal with the tt01 slop, i find it fine to drift with but with a 4.5T motor trying to drift it fast with grip tyres is harder

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

its worth getting for $20 for sure. but its TA01/2 that will sort of work.

tb02 is a latter chassis though, with a later style suspension. the outer pivot on the lower arm is further outboard with the c hub sort of sitting "inside" the lower arm instead of on the end of it. TB02 is basically the same as all the current stuff as far as suspension. but a bit different to early TA and so wont work with the set up i described.

with what youre trying to do, id say youre definately better off waiting and getting a TA05. from rcmart youd land one for about $200. with that sort of speed (4.5BL) you want the best suspension and the best balance you can. TA05 is really the best drift chassis you can get short of maybe a HPI pro d or maybe alex racing's drift chassis, or some other obscure chassis converted type set up. TA05s have the have the furthermost forward engine position of any stock chassis. bang on 50/50 weight distribution is what you want.

id be interested in the TB02 though if youre not. let me know about that. just for something to mess around with.
    78's

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast