Thread: Apexi PowerFC

Name
    Derek
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default Apexi PowerFC

Has anyone used one of these on their 4AGE?

I know alot of the Nissan boys use em and theres some nice bum dyno tuning software for em (so you dont even need to use the hand controller).

But all their engines have CAS, not Dissys and have a O2 sensor (which my car doesnt...)
    So I was wondering how well it would work under those situations?

Would it be possible for the PowerFC to work with a GZE CAS and Coilpacks?

There's prob alot of better options, but I like the fact they plug into the existing 4AGE loom and have such good tuning software.

Name
    Anthony
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

AFAIK, the only pfc close to working on a 4AGE is actually a 3SGE MR2 version with a subharness to change back to bigport wiring. Im pretty suire this means it would be single ignition channel only. SO the CAS would be fine (24/1/1 just like the 3SGE) but the coilpacks not so much.

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

i don't believe their tuning software is any better than most other ecus.
    Take adaptronic for example. When i got my ecu tuned the guy did it with a laptop, no hand controller. I just got a basic tps tune and im running (but not using ) a narrow band 02 sensor and the standard MAP sensor.
    I am running quads hence the tps tune but im told that if your running a single throttle body and have a wide band o2 sensor you can get a quite good tune just using the adaptive modes if you are a bit patient and persistent, though it would be very hard to tune the top end of the rev range this way on the road!
    Most of the main wide band sensors plug directly into the new version adaptronic so the ecu takes the reading straight from there.
    Also the adaptronic runs with all standard toyota sensors so you don't need to change them and is just as easily run on a CAS setup as well.
    When i was putting mine in I talked the adaptronic fellas about making a direct plug in loom adaptor for the 4age but they reckoned the swap isn't common enough
    Though i do see the point that there are so many 4age variants that trying to supply a plug and play loom would just be a pain and when i saw how much stuff got cut out of my standard loom when i got it remade for the adaptronic i was glad i did it!!
    Launceston = Home of the surprise sodomist!!