Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: The Wheel Fitment Thread

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Run skinnier tyres than what your car came with factory? Are you high? Dont even think about stretching until you have at least 8J wheels. The point of stretching tyres is to clear guards with wide wheels, something you wont have a problem with on 15x7's.

On a 14inch wheel run no less than 185, 15's a 195, good place to start.

195/45 on 10 will drive like an absolute sack of shit not to mention finding someone to get the thing on the rim. That much stretch doesn't even look good anyway.
    Last edited by Konakid; 23rd March 2011 at 08:40 PM.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

check my stretch y0

can i start hard parking yet?

Name
    Shaun
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

fuk me, all i ask is a simple Q, and end up with sarcasm...

ohhh how i love the internet....lolz

15x7's and 165-185's = poor choice

Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Oh how wrong you are sir.
    The point of stretching is yes, for clearance AND for multiple other reasons. In a lot of cases, it's mostly about the way it looks.

A 195/45 on a 10 will drive like a sack of shit? I'd dare say most of us feel every bump on the roads already, a heap of stretch won't make much of a difference in terms of comfort (or lack of). Also, I'd like to refer to your own rule : That's just it mate, I don't care about the minimal difference it will make. Please don't post such a narrow minded view in this thread, thanks. But yes, finding someone to fit them would be damn hard, I agree.
    But what made me feel it so necessary to reply was that you stated that, that amount of stretch wouldn't even look good. Mate, that's your opinion. In mine, it would look pure sex so your opinion is invalid to me. Good day sir. I said GOOD DAY.

Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yeap, you'll get that a lot on forms dude. Most are unhelpful and rude.
    15x7's running 165/185 isn't necessarily a bad choice, just depends what vehicle they're going on and how your car sits. It can work on a KE70.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Sorry for interrupting the absolute bullshit erupting from your keyboard, in the thread that I created, aiming to help people with no idea like yourself work out some sort of wheel and tyre combination that is both functional and stylish for your vehicle.

Anyway.

Have you had any experience stretching tyres or driving on them? It sounds like you have had none, i guess thats the reason you are posting in this thread. Stretching only looks good on appropriately wide wheels and when combined with suitable width tyres. I have personally put a 195/50 on a 10 and seen it driven on. A large stretch but also relatively safe. A 45 profile would be ridiculous, especially on the front. You would have limited grip through no compliance in the sidewall and the bead will almost definitely fail if you drove the car hard and hit potholes. It will not make a minimal difference, the difference would be huge, not to mention dangerous. I have had a tyre come off the bead before, not fun when going around a tight corner at 60 let me tell you.

But of course im just being unhelpful and i dont need to tell you any off this so be on your way and build your 'cool' jap' ke70 with your mad stretch and 10 inch wheels to please people on the internet that you will soon stop driving because it will either be defected or you will be sick of having such an impractical car.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Bad Email Address

i think i might chuck in 2 bob worth here

firstly, running a 165 up front is not a safe thought on a ke/ae, it simply doesnt provide an adequate contact patch for 95% of the cars on the roads today, let alone on a modded corolla

secondly, i think you will find that most members are actually very polite and helpful to everyone on here, but some of us do occasionally get alittle bored with answering the same question repeatedly

and lastly, i can certainly say without a doubt that a 195 on a 10 does comprimise ride comfort considerably more than most think, and it really doesnt look as great as i initially thought it would...but hey thats my personal opinion

bottom line i think comes down to educating people on the safer options

Name
    Shaun
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

well fuk me drunk...

thats all i was after was some useful info and maybe some piks? as i've already searched and rumaged thru alot of shit on here...

all in all, i'm new to the ke70 and drift scene so please excuse my ignorance for being a n00b.

basically a safe option for 7's is a 195, would a 185 be ridiculously unsafe?

might i add i'm running...

s13 coilovers
    sigma LCA'S
    15x7 +6 meshies

Bad Email Address

a 185 would be sweet, the fact your running s13 gear with sigma lca's means plenty of camber generally, so to go smaller would give very little tire to contact the road

E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

185 is sweet for Ke's etc.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast