Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D TVs

Name
    Pappa-P
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Well done mate, you will be happy wih the output if this thing.

Grant is 100% correct. But that doesn't mean Myer won't get almost all available stock. The good guys won't get any, call them when you get yours just to make a point and no arguments from me mate! She's a tricky situation but have no fear, the good guys are kidding themselves if they think they'll get them. It's made things confusing as an exclusive can only be to one store, we are allowing it to be available to a handful of singlular store fronts but mainly Myer so it can't be removed from everyone's price list becuase its not wholey exclusive - our system wont let us.

Hence the reason it still pops up on everyone's price lists leading them to believe they can order it. But they can't.

And in regards to RRP, our website pricing is official RRP. The price on your system lazy is what Myer choose to start selling it at, not our pricing. Use that to your advantage to keep you ASP high. Tell the customer tht they are already getting a discount, of which they are.

Ps: my own 55 arrived last week

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I noticed that a few times this week actually Paul...

we've got the 50st listed at 1449 and everyone else is hanging around the 1699 mark...

loving the Myer/Panasonic relationship ATM hope it continues

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340929603.303304.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	26153

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Got mine on Monday, i was told Wednesday but oh well, havent been home to set it up yet, dam work, after carpet cleaner comes today ill get into it.

Glasses? how many in the box and how do i get more without having to go too eBay.
    Last edited by FoldKing86; 29th June 2012 at 11:48 AM.

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well she is up and running and id have to say setting this thing up was HEAVY, feels twice the weight of the existing 50"

Colours, well i havent fiddled a great deal yet but it heaps darker then i thought, looks to have plenty of adjustment thou. Trying to watch Oceans 13 last night and i was pretty dark, to dark to watch on any of the presetting apart from Dynamic. In a scene towards the end when ol mate watch's the helicopter fly off with the diamond case as he then realized he stole the fakes the red colours where so powerful it killed the scene. for that i was using THX Cinema with no adjustment.

More options and things to fiddle with then i know what to do with. Might get this 1 calibrated me thinks.

The extra little controller is neat and easy to use.

Audio out options i dont like and the position of the HDMI inputs is odd.

My stereo doesn't do 3D and having all the HDMI into the tv then audio out to the amp sucks and doesnt appear to work properly, even with the optical cable.

Time for a new amp me thinks.

So far so good, picture qual is very clear, tv itself is pretty responsive, no real lag for anything.

2D>3D doesnt work very well on some shows but better on others, ill get a 3D movie today and try that.
    Last edited by FoldKing86; 1st July 2012 at 10:42 AM.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

2d > 3d never works well...it's a processed image rather than natural...

I agree it's a heavy sucker tho...

Spent time watching avatar at work and was well and truly impressed with it...

Best image I have in store

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Off to get some blue ray 3d type stuff today, free to air tv is the same as before bar a few channels which are pretty clear. Missus and kids cant see he difference but i can. Definitely not as pixelated as before

I tried the THX setup on toy story and needless to say i couldnt get it right.

Name
    Pappa-P
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Good to hear mate.

Glasses supplied use a replaceable button battery, and only one comes in the box.

For more eyeware you can use either 2012 Panasonic eyewear or Samsungs SSG-4100GB eyewear also works. Pretty much if it's Bluetooth and from a 2012 panel, it'll probably work on your tv.

Name
    Pappa-P
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

And I forgot to mention: 2d-3d is a farce.

If you want 3d, just play games or buy a movie. JB shoould have a dedicated section with all the 3d versions of current and old movies. I've been to a few in vic that have them. Makes it easy to find what you want.

Also, the panel is exceptionally lighter this year than it has been in previous years. And then the designers threw on the mother of all glass sheets to the fron to make it prettyt. Viola. Instant 10kg and fat-bastard spec.

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Soooo after about 400hrs of use and a calibration id have to say im pretty darn happy with this VT50, blu ray is so dam clear it isnt funny, almost has a 2.5d look about it, hard to explain but its a darn impressive picture and has a tonne of depth.

Have not fully tried the 3d mode yet but 2d-3d conversion is ok but not great, nor was i expecting it to be, Gran Turismo 5 3d sections are pretty cool thou.

I only have 2 complaints although they are super minor and to be expected.

1* quick moving scenes blur/fall out of focus sometimes but the scene has to be a pretty quick pan to the left or right to see it.
    2* Even after calibration the picture still seems alittle to grey/whitish for my liking, i was expecting a more vivid colour scheme but its nothing major.

So if anyone's looking for a larger panel this year the ST50 60" for around $2200 or the 55" VT50 at around $2900 is the way to go. Get that shit pro calibrated for around $250-200 and away you go.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast